Links not taking me to correct webpage

bronzeback

Links not taking me to correct webpage
I hope I can explain this correctly. I think I have a pop-up or adware issues.

I use IE and mostly use google for web searches. The other day I was doing
a search on google and when ever I clicked one of the links google provided,
it would NOT take me to the link that shows up in green.

It would take me to some kind of different search website to search for the
same thing the link already found.

EX: I did a search on Boy Scouts of America. The scouting.org site
comes on on the google page, but once I click the link, it takes me to
another website with a list of other options for scouting. Almost like
clicking on a google link just takes me to another search of the same thing.
I bypass this, I have been having to cut and paste the green link right into
the adress bar.

What can I do to get rid of this annoying adware?
Leonard Grey

Re: Links not taking me to correct webpage
Malicious software ("malware") could be installed on your computer.

Make sure that your anti-malware software is running, then download the
latest signatures and run a full scan.

If you don't have comprehensive anti-malware software, you need to get
some now and learn how to use its features. A comprehensive solution
scans for all types of malicious software.

Try scanning your system with /several/ of the better online scanners,
such as:
Kaspersky Antivirus (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner)
Panda ActiveScan (http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan)

Download HijackThis from www.trendsecure.com. Run it, save a log, and
post the log at one of the many sites that support HJT, such as
spywarewarrior.com, bleepingcomputer.com, and temerc.com -- but not
here. Within a day, sometimes within an hour, you'll have one-on-one
step-by-step advice from a security expert on cleaning up any
infestations—or you'll have a clean bill of health from the volunteer
expert.

Even the best detection and removal software can't fix every malware
infection. If none of the above remove the infection, you may want to
show the computer to a professional.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est