Home pages that won't load

Old Navy

Home pages that won't load
I just got my IE7 to install and went into tools to set my homepage, that
done I restarted IE and I got an error window: Internet Explorer cannot
display the webpage. Which is real funny, because I can get to my homepage
from other browsers just fine. Just to double check, I went to the website
just after getting the error. I then retried with IE7 and failed. I thought
this was supposed to be a better browser.
Don Varnau

Re: Home pages that won't load
Hi,
1. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall browser add-ons, work through this
article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

2. Do you need to reconfigure a third-party firewall to allow IE7 to access
the internet? Some firewalls will recognize that IE7 is a new program and
will ask- some won't.

3. 926431- Error message when you start IE7 or try to access a website:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926431

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Old Navy" <sroyeton@cox.net> wrote in message
> I just got my IE7 to install and went into tools to set my homepage, that
> done I restarted IE and I got an error window: Internet Explorer cannot
> display the webpage. Which is real funny, because I can get to my homepage
> from other browsers just fine. Just to double check, I went to the website
> just after getting the error. I then retried with IE7 and failed. I

thought
> this was supposed to be a better browser.

Re: Home pages that won't load
1. Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

• Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
Add-ons; or

• Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet
Explorer (No add-ons).

2. Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Settings (RIES)?

3. If you uninstall (a) IE7 *exactly* per the link below (which
automatically returns you to IE6), (b) all toolbars and (c) all third-party
Windows Themes (including Window Blinds) and do NOT reinstall IE7, does this
behavior persist?

NB: If it does, do NOT reinstall IE7.

Uninstalling IE7
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html
[Only use the Command %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot
uninstall via Add/Remove Programs! Ignore any references to Vista on the
above page. It's safe to ignore any "such and such may not work" warnings.
Ignore any references to Vista on the webpage.]

Also see:

IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:

4. Assuming IE6 does not have these problems (other than opening a link in a
new tab, which will not be available), the follow is required reading IMHO
before reinstalling IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP

I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the

Or use this Download link:
(Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.)

5. Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
reinstalling IE7 to install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Software Updates category offers Root Certificates update, opt to install it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/