Can't use flash with IE7

JC

Can't use flash with IE7
This question was asked in Microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.
I joined in the question but there have not been any real

I have IE 7 running under XP Professional with SP2 and all
updates but NOT SP3. When I try to view videos, I get the
message that I have Javascript turned off or I don't have the
latest flash player.

I went to Adobe's site to install flash, I ran the installer and
got no indication that anything went wrong with the installation.
However, I still can't view the videos.

I have the following settings in IE7 for Internet, Trusted sites
and Restricted sites:-

<disable> Display video and animation on a webpage that does not
use external media player

<enable> Scripting of Java applets

AFAIK these are the default settings.

Do I need to enable the "Display video and animation on a webpage
that does not use external media player" to be able to watch the
videos?

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is blocking viewing the
videos if it is not this setting?
--

Cheers . . . JC
Donald Anadell

Re: Can't use flash with IE7
Comments inline below:

"JC" <jc@invalid.net> wrote in message
> This question was asked in Microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.
> I joined in the question but there have not been any real
>
> I have IE 7 running under XP Professional with SP2 and all
> updates but NOT SP3. When I try to view videos, I get the
> message that I have Javascript turned off or I don't have the
> latest flash player.
>
> I went to Adobe's site to install flash, I ran the installer and
> got no indication that anything went wrong with the installation.
> However, I still can't view the videos.
>
> I have the following settings in IE7 for Internet, Trusted sites
> and Restricted sites:-
>
> <disable> Display video and animation on a webpage that does not
> use external media player
>
> <enable> Scripting of Java applets
>
> AFAIK these are the default settings.
>
> Do I need to enable the "Display video and animation on a webpage
> that does not use external media player" to be able to watch the
> videos?

No, you only need that item enable if the site is using the "dynsrc" image
tag to embed the Video file.

> Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is blocking viewing the
> videos if it is not this setting?

It sound like the Flash Player is not installing properly on your machine
you might try the following to the Flash Player installed properly.

1. Download the Flash Player Uninstaller utility and save it to your
Desktop:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

2. Download the manual Flash Player Installer program from the following
Adobe link and save it to your Desktop:
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

3. Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real Time
Antivirus software running in the background.

4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller Utility from the Desktop to completely
remove Flash from your system.

5. Run the manual Flash Player Installer program from the Desktop to
install the latest version of the Flash Player to your system.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> --
>
> Cheers . . . JC

marko

Re: Can't use flash with IE7
Donald--I'm having the same issue--but I have SP3 installed. Would that have
an impact too?

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> Comments inline below:
>
> "JC" <jc@invalid.net> wrote in message
> > This question was asked in Microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.
> > I joined in the question but there have not been any reaal
> >
> > I have IE 7 running under XP Professional with SP2 and all
> > updates but NOT SP3. When I try to view videos, I get the
> > message that I have Javascript turned off or I don't have the
> > latest flash player.
> >
> > I went to Adobe's site to install flash, I ran the installer and
> > got no indication that anything went wrong with the installation.
> > However, I still can't view the videos.
> >
> > I have the following settings in IE7 for Internet, Trusted sites
> > and Restricted sites:-
> >
> > <disable> Display video and animation on a webpage that does not
> > use external media player
> >
> > <enable> Scripting of Java applets
> >
> > AFAIK these are the default settings.
> >
> > Do I need to enable the "Display video and animation on a webpage
> > that does not use external media player" to be able to watch the
> > videos?

> No, you only need that item enable if the site is using the "dynsrc" image
> tag to embed the Video file.
>

> > Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is blocking viewing the
> > videos if it is not this setting?

> It sound like the Flash Player is not installing properly on your machine
> you might try the following to the Flash Player installed properly.
>
> 1. Download the Flash Player Uninstaller utility and save it to your
> Desktop:
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>
> 2. Download the manual Flash Player Installer program from the following
> Adobe link and save it to your Desktop:
> http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie
>
> 3. Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real Time
> Antivirus software running in the background.
>
> 4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller Utility from the Desktop to completely
> remove Flash from your system.
>
> 5. Run the manual Flash Player Installer program from the Desktop to
> install the latest version of the Flash Player to your system.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > --
> >
> > Cheers . . . JC

Donald Anadell

Re: Can't use flash with IE7

"marko" <marko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Donald--I'm having the same issue--but I have SP3 installed. Would that
> have
> an impact too?

Service Pack level does not make any difference with regard to the
Uninstall||Reinstall Flash Player instructions I posted.

Good Luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>
>> Comments inline below:
>>
>> "JC" <jc@invalid.net> wrote in message
>> > This question was asked in Microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.
>> > I joined in the question but there have not been any reaal
>> >
>> > I have IE 7 running under XP Professional with SP2 and all
>> > updates but NOT SP3. When I try to view videos, I get the
>> > message that I have Javascript turned off or I don't have the
>> > latest flash player.
>> >
>> > I went to Adobe's site to install flash, I ran the installer and
>> > got no indication that anything went wrong with the installation.
>> > However, I still can't view the videos.
>> >
>> > I have the following settings in IE7 for Internet, Trusted sites
>> > and Restricted sites:-
>> >
>> > <disable> Display video and animation on a webpage that does not
>> > use external media player
>> >
>> > <enable> Scripting of Java applets
>> >
>> > AFAIK these are the default settings.
>> >
>> > Do I need to enable the "Display video and animation on a webpage
>> > that does not use external media player" to be able to watch the
>> > videos?

>> No, you only need that item enable if the site is using the "dynsrc"
>> image
>> tag to embed the Video file.
>>

>> > Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is blocking viewing the
>> > videos if it is not this setting?

>> It sound like the Flash Player is not installing properly on your machine
>> you might try the following to the Flash Player installed properly.
>>
>> 1. Download the Flash Player Uninstaller utility and save it to your
>> Desktop:
>> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>>
>> 2. Download the manual Flash Player Installer program from the following
>> Adobe link and save it to your Desktop:
>> http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie
>>
>> 3. Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real Time
>> Antivirus software running in the background.
>>
>> 4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller Utility from the Desktop to
>> completely
>> remove Flash from your system.
>>
>> 5. Run the manual Flash Player Installer program from the Desktop to
>> install the latest version of the Flash Player to your system.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> > --
>> >
>> > Cheers . . . JC

JC

Re: Can't use flash with IE7
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:51:43 -0400, "Donald Anadell"
<danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote:

> Comments inline below:
>
> "JC" <jc@invalid.net> wrote in message

> > Do I need to enable the "Display video and animation on a webpage
> > that does not use external media player" to be able to watch the
> > videos?

> No, you only need that item enable if the site is using the "dynsrc" image
> tag to embed the Video file.
>
> > Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is blocking viewing the
> > videos if it is not this setting?

> It sound like the Flash Player is not installing properly on your machine
> you might try the following to the Flash Player installed properly.
>
> 1. Download the Flash Player Uninstaller utility and save it to your
> Desktop:
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>
> 2. Download the manual Flash Player Installer program from the following
> Adobe link and save it to your Desktop:
> http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie
>
> 3. Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real Time
> Antivirus software running in the background.
>
> 4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller Utility from the Desktop to completely
> remove Flash from your system.
>
> 5. Run the manual Flash Player Installer program from the Desktop to
> install the latest version of the Flash Player to your system.

Thank you. I tried a video on Youtube and it worked a treat.
Great!
--

Cheers . . . JC
Donald Anadell

Re: Can't use flash with IE7

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:51:43 -0400, "Donald Anadell"
> <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote:
>
>> Comments inline below:
>>
>> "JC" <jc@invalid.net> wrote in message

>> > Do I need to enable the "Display video and animation on a webpage
>> > that does not use external media player" to be able to watch the
>> > videos?

>> No, you only need that item enable if the site is using the "dynsrc"
>> image
>> tag to embed the Video file.
>>
>> > Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is blocking viewing the
>> > videos if it is not this setting?

>> It sound like the Flash Player is not installing properly on your machine
>> you might try the following to the Flash Player installed properly.
>>
>> 1. Download the Flash Player Uninstaller utility and save it to your
>> Desktop:
>> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>>
>> 2. Download the manual Flash Player Installer program from the following
>> Adobe link and save it to your Desktop:
>> http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie
>>
>> 3. Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real Time
>> Antivirus software running in the background.
>>
>> 4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller Utility from the Desktop to
>> completely
>> remove Flash from your system.
>>
>> 5. Run the manual Flash Player Installer program from the Desktop to
>> install the latest version of the Flash Player to your system.

> Thank you. I tried a video on Youtube and it worked a treat.
> Great!

You're welcome JC, glad you were able to sort out the issue.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

Flash w/ SQL Paul Security News 0 05-28-2008 18:00
Review: Flash Voyager GT -- the fastest, cheapest flash drive yet Steve Security News 0 04-25-2008 05:40
Potential Vulnerability in Flash CS3 Professional, Flash Professional 8 and Flash Basic 8?, (Thu, Mar 20th) Steve Security News 0 03-21-2008 00:10