Add-ons: Prompted to enable, but it's not disabled or in the list

douglasl

Add-ons: Prompted to enable, but it's not disabled or in the list
I'm trying to use a Web page that requires an add-on. (The Terminal Services
Client control.)
I have NOT been prompted to install it.
The Web page is a Trusted Site.
I get the prompt at the bottom of the browser that IE needs me to enable a
disabled add-on. However this add-on is NOT in ANY of the 4 lists that appear
in the Manage Add-ons dialog box.
I have even re-registered mstscatx.dll with no change.

How do I install or enable an add-on that's already installed and that's not
disabled??? That's my dilemma! Thanks for any suggestions,

-Doug

douglasl

RE: Add-ons: Prompted to enable, but it's not disabled or in the list
This issue has been resolved thanks to information that I received from a
Microsoft support engineer. The problem was that when I installed our
company's XP image with SP3 slipstreamed, the scripts that install the
Terminal Services Client ActiveX control never run. Here's what he told me:

I’ve seen this many times and I’ve been able to fix it by running the
scripts that are included with the service pack. These scripts don’t ever
run if you install from an image that has XP SP3 slipstreamed.

If you have XP SP3 downloaded, extract it and then expand and run the
following:

Tscdsbl.bat
Tscuinst.vbs

Re: Add-ons: Prompted to enable, but it's not disabled or in the list
Also see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951607
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

douglasl wrote:
> This issue has been resolved thanks to information that I received from a
> Microsoft support engineer. The problem was that when I installed our
> company's XP image with SP3 slipstreamed, the scripts that install the
> Terminal Services Client ActiveX control never run. Here's what he told
> me:
>
> I’ve seen this many times and I’ve been able to fix it by running the
> scripts that are included with the service pack. These scripts don’t ever
> run if you install from an image that has XP SP3 slipstreamed.
>
> If you have XP SP3 downloaded, extract it and then expand and run the
> following:
>
> Tscdsbl.bat
> Tscuinst.vbs

<paste>
> I'm trying to use a Web page that requires an add-on. (The Terminal
> Services
> Client control.)
> I have NOT been prompted to install it.
> The Web page is a Trusted Site.
> I get the prompt at the bottom of the browser that IE needs me to enable a
> disabled add-on. However this add-on is NOT in ANY of the 4 lists that
> appear in the Manage Add-ons dialog box.
> I have even re-registered mstscatx.dll with no change.
>
> How do I install or enable an add-on that's already installed and that's
> not
> disabled??? That's my dilemma! Thanks for any suggestions,

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: Add-ons: Prompted to enable, but it's not disabled or in the list
Adding to PA Bear.

If TS ActiveX control isn't listed in Manage Add-Ons window, edit the
registry to enable the control. See:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/er...indows-xp-sp3/

--
Regards,