Pictures not Displaying in IE7

Mike U

Pictures not Displaying in IE7
I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and IE7. I've recently started to have a
problem with two specific websites. Both were updated in the last few months
and since then I can't see any pictures. There is not even a frame with the
litte red graphic. there's just a space where a picture should be. I have
tried deleting the Temp files, made sure that pictures are enabled and that
the Toggle Images.exe is working properly. I've also checked the sights on
another PC (connected to the same router) with the same result.

Interesting facts are:-
1/ Other people I've spoken to are not having the problem.
2/ All other webpages display nomally.
3/ Both webmasters use Word to compile and edit their pages which they then
save using Word's "Save as Web Page" command.
4/ If I use the IE7 Page -> View Source option to look at the script, I can
identify the lines calling up the pictures. If I then paste one of these into
the URL box, I can view the picture on its own.

Here's a link to one of the sites:- http://www.cockcrow.co.uk/

I'm baffled!! Can anyone suggest what to do next?

Many tks in anticipation.
Leonard Grey

Re: Pictures not Displaying in IE7
My suggestion: Your ad blocking software has been configured to treat
those images as ads.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Mike U wrote:
> I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and IE7. I've recently started to have a
> problem with two specific websites. Both were updated in the last few months
> and since then I can't see any pictures. There is not even a frame with the
> litte red graphic. there's just a space where a picture should be. I have
> tried deleting the Temp files, made sure that pictures are enabled and that
> the Toggle Images.exe is working properly. I've also checked the sights on
> another PC (connected to the same router) with the same result.
>
> Interesting facts are:-
> 1/ Other people I've spoken to are not having the problem.
> 2/ All other webpages display nomally.
> 3/ Both webmasters use Word to compile and edit their pages which they then
> save using Word's "Save as Web Page" command.
> 4/ If I use the IE7 Page -> View Source option to look at the script, I can
> identify the lines calling up the pictures. If I then paste one of these into
> the URL box, I can view the picture on its own.
>
> Here's a link to one of the sites:- http://www.cockcrow.co.uk/
>
> I'm baffled!! Can anyone suggest what to do next?
>
> Many tks in anticipation.

Donald Anadell

"Mike U" <MikeU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and IE7. I've recently started to have a
> problem with two specific websites. Both were updated in the last few
> months
> and since then I can't see any pictures. There is not even a frame with
> the
> litte red graphic. there's just a space where a picture should be. I have
> tried deleting the Temp files, made sure that pictures are enabled and
> that
> the Toggle Images.exe is working properly. I've also checked the sights on
> another PC (connected to the same router) with the same result.
>
> Interesting facts are:-
> 1/ Other people I've spoken to are not having the problem.
> 2/ All other webpages display nomally.
> 3/ Both webmasters use Word to compile and edit their pages which they
> then
> save using Word's "Save as Web Page" command.
> 4/ If I use the IE7 Page -> View Source option to look at the script, I
> can
> identify the lines calling up the pictures. If I then paste one of these
> into
> the URL box, I can view the picture on its own.
>
> Here's a link to one of the sites:- http://www.cockcrow.co.uk/
>
> I'm baffled!! Can anyone suggest what to do next?

Hi,

You must have "Binary and Script behaviors" enabled in the Browser in order
to see the Image at the site you posted the link for.

Tools||Internet Options||Security(tab)||Internet(Zone)||Custom
Level...||ActiveX controls and Plug-ins

Make sure there is a tick in the radial button next to "Enable" under the
Item "Binary and script behaviors".

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Many tks in anticipation.

Mike U

Re: Pictures not Displaying in IE7
Thank you for your suggestion Leonard. I'm running AVG internet security and
it doesn't allow you to alter the ad blocker settings. I tried rebooting with
AVG disabled and it didn't make any difference so I think my problem is
deeper than this!!

Tks again

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> My suggestion: Your ad blocking software has been configured to treat
> those images as ads.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Mike U wrote:
> > I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and IE7. I've recently started to have a
> > problem with two specific websites. Both were updated in the last few months
> > and since then I can't see any pictures. There is not even a frame with the
> > litte red graphic. there's just a space where a picture should be. I have
> > tried deleting the Temp files, made sure that pictures are enabled and that
> > the Toggle Images.exe is working properly. I've also checked the sights on
> > another PC (connected to the same router) with the same result.
> >
> > Interesting facts are:-
> > 1/ Other people I've spoken to are not having the problem.
> > 2/ All other webpages display nomally.
> > 3/ Both webmasters use Word to compile and edit their pages which they then
> > save using Word's "Save as Web Page" command.
> > 4/ If I use the IE7 Page -> View Source option to look at the script, I can
> > identify the lines calling up the pictures. If I then paste one of these into
> > the URL box, I can view the picture on its own.
> >
> > Here's a link to one of the sites:- http://www.cockcrow.co.uk/
> >
> > I'm baffled!! Can anyone suggest what to do next?
> >
> > Many tks in anticipation.

Mike U

Re: Pictures not Displaying in IE7
I hadn't come across that before. I checked the item as you suggested and
found that it was already enabled so back to square one

Thanks for trying to help.

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "Mike U" <MikeU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and IE7. I've recently started to have a
> > problem with two specific websites. Both were updated in the last few
> > months
> > and since then I can't see any pictures. There is not even a frame with
> > the
> > litte red graphic. there's just a space where a picture should be. I have
> > tried deleting the Temp files, made sure that pictures are enabled and
> > that
> > the Toggle Images.exe is working properly. I've also checked the sights on
> > another PC (connected to the same router) with the same result.
> >
> > Interesting facts are:-
> > 1/ Other people I've spoken to are not having the problem.
> > 2/ All other webpages display nomally.
> > 3/ Both webmasters use Word to compile and edit their pages which they
> > then
> > save using Word's "Save as Web Page" command.
> > 4/ If I use the IE7 Page -> View Source option to look at the script, I
> > can
> > identify the lines calling up the pictures. If I then paste one of these
> > into
> > the URL box, I can view the picture on its own.
> >
> > Here's a link to one of the sites:- http://www.cockcrow.co.uk/
> >
> > I'm baffled!! Can anyone suggest what to do next?

> Hi,
>
> You must have "Binary and Script behaviors" enabled in the Browser in order
> to see the Image at the site you posted the link for.
>
> Tools||Internet Options||Security(tab)||Internet(Zone)||Custom
> Level...||ActiveX controls and Plug-ins
>
> Make sure there is a tick in the radial button next to "Enable" under the
> Item "Binary and script behaviors".
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > Many tks in anticipation.

Donald Anadell

>I hadn't come across that before. I checked the item as you suggested and
> found that it was already enabled so back to square one

If "Binary and Script Behaviors" was already enabed and you are not seeing
the image at that site then it can only be one other thing that is causing
your issue that I'm aware of. The "vgx.dll" file is used to render VML in
the IE Browser, it's possible that the "vgx.dll" file on your machine has
become un-registered for one reason or another. The vgx.dll file should be
located in the following folder on your machine:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VGX

To re-register the vgx.dll file try the following:

Click Start||Run and Type(or copy and paste) the following into the Run
box and click OK:

regsvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\VGX\vgx.dll

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanks for trying to help.
>
> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "Mike U" <MikeU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and IE7. I've recently started to have
>> > problem with two specific websites. Both were updated in the last few
>> > months
>> > and since then I can't see any pictures. There is not even a frame with
>> > the
>> > litte red graphic. there's just a space where a picture should be. I
>> > have
>> > tried deleting the Temp files, made sure that pictures are enabled and
>> > that
>> > the Toggle Images.exe is working properly. I've also checked the sights
>> > on
>> > another PC (connected to the same router) with the same result.
>> >
>> > Interesting facts are:-
>> > 1/ Other people I've spoken to are not having the problem.
>> > 2/ All other webpages display nomally.
>> > 3/ Both webmasters use Word to compile and edit their pages which they
>> > then
>> > save using Word's "Save as Web Page" command.
>> > 4/ If I use the IE7 Page -> View Source option to look at the script, I
>> > can
>> > identify the lines calling up the pictures. If I then paste one of
>> > these
>> > into
>> > the URL box, I can view the picture on its own.
>> >
>> > Here's a link to one of the sites:- http://www.cockcrow.co.uk/
>> >
>> > I'm baffled!! Can anyone suggest what to do next?

>> Hi,
>>
>> You must have "Binary and Script behaviors" enabled in the Browser in
>> order
>> to see the Image at the site you posted the link for.
>>
>> Tools||Internet Options||Security(tab)||Internet(Zone)||Custom
>> Level...||ActiveX controls and Plug-ins
>>
>> Make sure there is a tick in the radial button next to "Enable" under the
>> Item "Binary and script behaviors".
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> > Many tks in anticipation.

Mike U

Re: Pictures not Displaying in IE7
Donald, you are a genius!!! Just tried your solution and it worked a treat,
I can now see all the pictures.

Do you know what would cause the dll file to become unregistered in the
first place??

Best regards and many thanks

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "Mike U" <MikeU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I hadn't come across that before. I checked the item as you suggested and
> > found that it was already enabled so back to square one

> If "Binary and Script Behaviors" was already enabed and you are not seeing
> the image at that site then it can only be one other thing that is causing
> your issue that I'm aware of. The "vgx.dll" file is used to render VML in
> the IE Browser, it's possible that the "vgx.dll" file on your machine has
> become un-registered for one reason or another. The vgx.dll file should be
> located in the following folder on your machine:
>
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VGX
>
> To re-register the vgx.dll file try the following:
>
> Click Start||Run and Type(or copy and paste) the following into the Run
> box and click OK:
>
> regsvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\VGX\vgx.dll
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > Thanks for trying to help.
> >
> > "Donald Anadell" wrote:
> >

> >> "Mike U" <MikeU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You must have "Binary and Script behaviors" enabled in the Browser in
> >> order
> >> to see the Image at the site you posted the link for.
> >>
> >> Tools||Internet Options||Security(tab)||Internet(Zone)||Custom
> >> Level...||ActiveX controls and Plug-ins
> >>
> >> Make sure there is a tick in the radial button next to "Enable" under the
> >> Item "Binary and script behaviors".
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >>
> >> Donald Anadell

Donald Anadell

> Donald, you are a genius!!! Just tried your solution and it worked a
> treat,
> I can now see all the pictures.
>
> Do you know what would cause the dll file to become unregistered in the
> first place??
>
> Best regards and many thanks

You're welcome Mike, glad you were able to resolve the issue.

The cause for the unregistered vgx.dll file may be(but not limited to one of
the following):

A corrupted install of a Windows Security update.
A corruped Service Pack installation.
A Security program setting may have unregistered the DLL file.
A third party fix for the old VML vulnerability in SP2 may have unregistered
the VGX.DLL file.
....etc, etc, etc

Good luck,

Donald Anadell