ie7 closing and showing not working

pistol56

ie7 closing and showing not working
Has anyone experienced trying to close a tab and having ie ghost over and
then a box appears showing internet explorer not working, closing and
restarting. I have tried to clear this problem with no results. I have virus
scanned my computer and it displays to be clear of any viruses yet the
problem persists.
--
pistol56
Leonard Grey

Re: ie7 closing and showing not working
This is frequently caused by an incompatible browser add-on. The
troubleshooting steps described below will help you to diagnose and fix
the problem:

How to Optimize or Reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/

(Give the Guided Help a try.)

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

pistol56 wrote:
> Has anyone experienced trying to close a tab and having ie ghost over and
> then a box appears showing internet explorer not working, closing and
> restarting. I have tried to clear this problem with no results. I have virus
> scanned my computer and it displays to be clear of any viruses yet the
> problem persists.

123456789

RE: ie7 closing and showing not working
I've had similar problems. I run IE7. Every time I close IE, it's still
running, I have to go into task manager and close it every single time! Which
means that java will still be running and taking up memory for IE7 and Java.
Sometimes I go into task manager to find 2 IE running when I closed all my
windows. Also, IE7 is getting laggy and having to restart the program too
often. I have to use Mozilla FF sometimes to either use the internet or to
run a program online. Some games I like to play are really laggy in IE7 but
run great on FF. I really prefer IE but have FF there for backup. On my older
computer (which I also have FF on), I have IE6, and it's always having error
reports, wanting to send to microsoft, won't quit after I close it, etc. I
have told Microsoft about this but they want to make things way too
complicated. I think I'll use Firefox until these problems are gone. The way
Microsoft is handling it, I might be using FF for good.