Re: Timeout occurs when downloading files from the server

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

DPM wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an application whch downloads files from a server using WinINet.dll
> with HTTP.
> When download files such as 1mb in size it works fine.
> But when download files with size about 25mb a timeout occurs and returns
> error code 12002
>
> Following are set in IE programetically,
>
> DECLARE INTEGER InternetSetOption IN WININET.DLL INTEGER, INTEGER, INTEGER
> @, INTEGER
>
> dwTimeoutSecs = 600*1000

InternetSetOption(hIPSession,INTERNET_OPTION_CONNE CT_TIMEOUT,@dwTimeoutSecs,
4)

InternetSetOption(hIPSession,INTERNET_OPTION_DATA_ RECEIVE_TIMEOUT,@dwTimeOut
Secs,4)

InternetSetOption(hIPSession,INTERNET_OPTION_DATA_ SEND_TIMEOUT,@dwTimeOutSec
s,4)

> Is there anything more need to be set?
> or
> Is there any other method to over come this error ?

Forwarded via crosspost to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general.

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to the newsgroup, please.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

DPM

Re: Timeout occurs when downloading files from the server
Hi, Vincenzo,

Please refer the following versions

Tried in WinXP SP2 with IE 6.0.2900.2180
Takes above 215 secs for the request to timeout

Also in WinXP SP2 with IE 7.0.5730.11 on another computer.
Takes above 240 secs for the request to timeout

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodirusso@xoom.it> wrote in message
> DPM wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an application whch downloads files from a server using
>> WinINet.dll
>> with HTTP.
>> When download files such as 1mb in size it works fine.
>> But when download files with size about 25mb a timeout occurs and returns
>> error code 12002
>>
>> Following are set in IE programetically,
>>
>> DECLARE INTEGER InternetSetOption IN WININET.DLL INTEGER, INTEGER,
>> INTEGER
>> @, INTEGER
>>
>> dwTimeoutSecs = 600*1000
>>

> InternetSetOption(hIPSession,INTERNET_OPTION_CONNE CT_TIMEOUT,@dwTimeoutSecs,
> 4)
>>

> InternetSetOption(hIPSession,INTERNET_OPTION_DATA_ RECEIVE_TIMEOUT,@dwTimeOut
> Secs,4)
>>

> InternetSetOption(hIPSession,INTERNET_OPTION_DATA_ SEND_TIMEOUT,@dwTimeOutSec
> s,4)
>>
>> Is there anything more need to be set?
>> or
>> Is there any other method to over come this error ?

> Forwarded via crosspost to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general.
>
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to the newsgroup, please.
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Donald Anadell

"DPM" <aa@bb.cc> wrote in message
> Hi, Vincenzo,
>
> Please refer the following versions
>
> Tried in WinXP SP2 with IE 6.0.2900.2180
> Takes above 215 secs for the request to timeout
>
> Also in WinXP SP2 with IE 7.0.5730.11 on another computer.
> Takes above 240 secs for the request to timeout

Any help here?

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...1050&x=15&y=11

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodirusso@xoom.it> wrote in message
>> DPM wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have an application whch downloads files from a server using
>>> WinINet.dll
>>> with HTTP.
>>> When download files such as 1mb in size it works fine.
>>> But when download files with size about 25mb a timeout occurs and
>>> returns
>>> error code 12002
>>>
>>> Following are set in IE programetically,
>>>
>>> DECLARE INTEGER InternetSetOption IN WININET.DLL INTEGER, INTEGER,
>>> INTEGER
>>> @, INTEGER
>>>
>>> dwTimeoutSecs = 600*1000
>>>

>> InternetSetOption(hIPSession,INTERNET_OPTION_CONNE CT_TIMEOUT,@dwTimeoutSecs,
>> 4)
>>>

>> InternetSetOption(hIPSession,INTERNET_OPTION_DATA_ RECEIVE_TIMEOUT,@dwTimeOut
>> Secs,4)
>>>

>> InternetSetOption(hIPSession,INTERNET_OPTION_DATA_ SEND_TIMEOUT,@dwTimeOutSec
>> s,4)
>>>
>>> Is there anything more need to be set?
>>> or
>>> Is there any other method to over come this error ?

>> Forwarded via crosspost to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general.
>>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to the newsgroup, please.
>>
>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

DPM

Re: Timeout occurs when downloading files from the server
Thanks.