Favorites Center viewing area too narrow

Jo-Anne

Favorites Center viewing area too narrow
This is something I've meant to ask before (although I think I know the
answer). I currently have an old desktop computer and a new notebook
computer, both running WinXP SP3 and both with IE7. Is there any way to
widen the space allowed for the Favorites Center? I've tried, and I never
get the horizontal double-headed arrow that would enable me to move the
right margin to expand the area. It's not a big deal on the old computer,
but it is on the notebook, where my website names are heavily truncated.

Thank you!

Jo-Anne

Galen

Re: Favorites Center viewing area too narrow
My reply is at the bottom of your sent message.

In news:e1UWt6QGJHA.5252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Jo-Anne <naples@tbcnet.com> typed:

> This is something I've meant to ask before (although I think I know the
> answer). I currently have an old desktop computer and a new notebook
> computer, both running WinXP SP3 and both with IE7. Is there any way to
> widen the space allowed for the Favorites Center? I've tried, and I never
> get the horizontal double-headed arrow that would enable me to move the
> right margin to expand the area. It's not a big deal on the old computer,
> but it is on the notebook, where my website names are heavily truncated.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jo-Anne

I think you can only adjust it if it is pinned. Even then if you adjust it,
it reverts to the same size as before. But if you pin it and then adjust it
and then reopen (and repin it) it it will retain that adjusted size.

That's about all I've got for you.

--
Galen (Not Current MS-MVP)

My Geek Site: http://kgiii.info
Web Hosting: http://whathostingshould.be

"In solving a problem of this sort, the grand thing is to be able to reason
backwards. That is a very useful accomplishment, and a
very easy one, but people do not practise it much. In the every-day affairs
of life it is more useful to reason forwards, and so
the other comes to be neglected. There are fifty who can reason
synthetically for one who can reason analytically." - Sherlock
Holmes

Jo-Anne

> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message.
>
> In news:e1UWt6QGJHA.5252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
> Jo-Anne <naples@tbcnet.com> typed:
>

>> This is something I've meant to ask before (although I think I know the
>> answer). I currently have an old desktop computer and a new notebook
>> computer, both running WinXP SP3 and both with IE7. Is there any way to
>> widen the space allowed for the Favorites Center? I've tried, and I never
>> get the horizontal double-headed arrow that would enable me to move the
>> right margin to expand the area. It's not a big deal on the old computer,
>> but it is on the notebook, where my website names are heavily truncated.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jo-Anne

> I think you can only adjust it if it is pinned. Even then if you adjust
> it, it reverts to the same size as before. But if you pin it and then
> adjust it and then reopen (and repin it) it it will retain that adjusted
> size.
>
> That's about all I've got for you.
>
> --
> Galen (Not Current MS-MVP)
>
> My Geek Site: http://kgiii.info
> Web Hosting: http://whathostingshould.be
>
> "In solving a problem of this sort, the grand thing is to be able to
> reason backwards. That is a very useful accomplishment, and a
> very easy one, but people do not practise it much. In the every-day
> affairs of life it is more useful to reason forwards, and so
> the other comes to be neglected. There are fifty who can reason
> synthetically for one who can reason analytically." - Sherlock
> Holmes

It works! (The expansion stops at a certain point, but that point still
gives me more space than before.) I'm so pleased. Thank you very much,
Galen!

In news:OedyqBTGJHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
Jo-Anne <naples@tbcnet.com> typed:

> It works! (The expansion stops at a certain point, but that point still
> gives me more space than before.) I'm so pleased. Thank you very much,
> Galen!
>
> Jo-Anne

Not a problem, glad to have assisted.

--
Galen

My Geek Site: http://kgiii.info
Web Hosting: http://whathostingshould.be

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It
biases the judgment." - Sherlock Holmes