IE 7 won't give up priority

Anthony Giorgianni

IE 7 won't give up priority
Hello All

Since installing IE7 on a WinXP Pro laptap, I'm having a problem.

When I use the alt-tab key to seclect a different application, IE usually
remains on top unless I run through alt-tab several times, and sometimes not
even then, which is very frustrating. This happens most often - maybe
always - if the program I want to select is the next one in line in the alt
tab box (the one after IE7). If I pick an open app that's two boxes away, it
moves fine. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to stop this
behavior? If I select the other program from the task bar instead of using
alt-tab, everything switches okay. And this doesn't seem to happen if any
app other than IE7 is in focus when I try to switch away from it using
alt-tab

I do have the alt-tab replacement power toy installed, if that has anything
to do with it.

Thanks for any ideas.

Anthony Giorgianni
For everyone's benefit, please post back to the group.

Re: IE 7 won't give up priority
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Anthony Giorgianni wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Since installing IE7 on a WinXP Pro laptap, I'm having a problem.
>
> When I use the alt-tab key to seclect a different application, IE usually
> remains on top unless I run through alt-tab several times, and sometimes
> not
> even then, which is very frustrating. This happens most often - maybe
> always - if the program I want to select is the next one in line in the
> alt
> tab box (the one after IE7). If I pick an open app that's two boxes away,
> it
> moves fine. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to stop this
> behavior? If I select the other program from the task bar instead of using
> alt-tab, everything switches okay. And this doesn't seem to happen if any
> app other than IE7 is in focus when I try to switch away from it using
> alt-tab
>
> I do have the alt-tab replacement power toy installed, if that has
> anything
> to do with it.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> Anthony Giorgianni
> For everyone's benefit, please post back to the group.

Anthony Giorgianni

Re: IE 7 won't give up priority
How do I find that? ALI know is it's XP Pro.

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Anthony Giorgianni wrote:
>> Hello All
>>
>> Since installing IE7 on a WinXP Pro laptap, I'm having a problem.
>>
>> When I use the alt-tab key to seclect a different application, IE usually
>> remains on top unless I run through alt-tab several times, and sometimes
>> not
>> even then, which is very frustrating. This happens most often - maybe
>> always - if the program I want to select is the next one in line in the
>> alt
>> tab box (the one after IE7). If I pick an open app that's two boxes away,
>> it
>> moves fine. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to stop this
>> behavior? If I select the other program from the task bar instead of
>> using
>> alt-tab, everything switches okay. And this doesn't seem to happen if any
>> app other than IE7 is in focus when I try to switch away from it using
>> alt-tab
>>
>> I do have the alt-tab replacement power toy installed, if that has
>> anything
>> to do with it.
>>
>> Thanks for any ideas.
>>
>> Anthony Giorgianni
>> For everyone's benefit, please post back to the group.

Anthony Giorgianni

Re: IE 7 won't give up priority
Oh, found it. Version 5.1, build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254:Service Pack
2)
1 gig mem