Uninstall IE8 and reinstall IE7 in Vista

Norm75

Uninstall IE8 and reinstall IE7 in Vista
I install IE8 beta - not a good idea - probably too early. I want to unistall
IE8 and reinstall IE7 in Vista Home Premium. I know IE7 is part of Vista.
Where do I find IE7 to download and reinstall.

I have been referred to the Toshiba Satellite A100 recovery disks which, of
course, I have. Can't get anywhere.

Many thanks for your assistance. Norm.
Leonard Grey

Re: Uninstall IE8 and reinstall IE7 in Vista
Uninstalling IE 8 beta returns you to your previous version of Internet
Explorer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Norm75 wrote:
> I install IE8 beta - not a good idea - probably too early. I want to unistall
> IE8 and reinstall IE7 in Vista Home Premium. I know IE7 is part of Vista.
> Where do I find IE7 to download and reinstall.
>
> I have been referred to the Toshiba Satellite A100 recovery disks which, of
> course, I have. Can't get anywhere.
>
> Many thanks for your assistance. Norm.

Norm75

Re: Uninstall IE8 and reinstall IE7 in Vista
Thanks Leonard. That sure did the trick. Norm.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Uninstalling IE 8 beta returns you to your previous version of Internet
> Explorer.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Norm75 wrote:
> > I install IE8 beta - not a good idea - probably too early. I want to unistall
> > IE8 and reinstall IE7 in Vista Home Premium. I know IE7 is part of Vista.
> > Where do I find IE7 to download and reinstall.
> >
> > I have been referred to the Toshiba Satellite A100 recovery disks which, of
> > course, I have. Can't get anywhere.
> >
> > Many thanks for your assistance. Norm.

Leonard Grey

Re: Uninstall IE8 and reinstall IE7 in Vista
Glad to help.

Wait 'til IE 8 is released before you install it. Actually, wait until a
few weeks /after/ it's been released: Let the early adopters discover
any initial problems with the software.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Norm75 wrote:
> Thanks Leonard. That sure did the trick. Norm.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Uninstalling IE 8 beta returns you to your previous version of Internet
>> Explorer.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Norm75 wrote:
>>> I install IE8 beta - not a good idea - probably too early. I want to unistall
>>> IE8 and reinstall IE7 in Vista Home Premium. I know IE7 is part of Vista.
>>> Where do I find IE7 to download and reinstall.
>>>
>>> I have been referred to the Toshiba Satellite A100 recovery disks which, of
>>> course, I have. Can't get anywhere.
>>>
>>> Many thanks for your assistance. Norm.

Mike Cawood, HND BIT

"Norm75" <Norm75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I install IE8 beta - not a good idea - probably too early. I want to
>unistall
> IE8 and reinstall IE7 in Vista Home Premium. I know IE7 is part of Vista.
> Where do I find IE7 to download and reinstall.
>
> I have been referred to the Toshiba Satellite A100 recovery disks which,
> of
> course, I have. Can't get anywhere.
>
> Many thanks for your assistance. Norm.

This has been asked before.
To uninstall IE8 beta 1 or 2 from Vista, go to Control Panel, Programs &
Features, then clock on "View installed updates", you will find IE8 there &
you can now select 'Uninstall'.
After a restart, your Vista will have reverted to IE7.
I have removed IE8 from both my Vista SP1 & XP SP3 machines as it was a very
large PITA.
Regards Mike.

putts832

RE: Uninstall IE8 and reinstall IE7 in Vista
I came across the same problem. I had to got to check for Windows updates
were I found the download for IE8. In Windows Update it allows you to
uninstall IE8. I clicked IE8 and then clicked uninstall. IE8 was removed
and the computer reinstalled IE7 on boot up. I tried using MS help on how to
uninstall IE8 beta 2 and I was abel to open their appwiz_cpl in the search
box, but there was no listing for (viewed installed updates). Thats when I
went to check for Windows updates and then view updates and again I found IE8
at the end of the list. Then I highligthed IE8 and clicked on uninstall.
Worked great and I am back to IE7. FYI McAfee will not work right in IE8.
--
JT