IE8 Beta2: Unnecessary “down arrow” in Favorite Toolbar

k-wow

IE8 Beta2: Unnecessary “down arrow” in Favorite Toolbar
Please remove the "down arrow" graphic that is displayed in the Favorites
Toolbar for Favorites that are classified a group which is displayed in a
Folder icon followed by folder name which is followed by the undesired "down
arrow." This "down arrow" graphic is new with the IE8 browser and is
necessary as it takes up space. Users should know if they see a Folder icon
that it is going to be a drop down menu for all the favorites in that
group/folder.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: IE8 Beta2: Unnecessary “down arrow” in Favorite Toolbar
IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you to
IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

k-wow wrote:
> Please remove the "down arrow" graphic that is displayed in the Favorites
> Toolbar for Favorites that are classified a group which is displayed in a
> Folder icon followed by folder name which is followed by the undesired
> "down
> arrow." This "down arrow" graphic is new with the IE8 browser and is
> necessary as it takes up space. Users should know if they see a Folder
> icon
> that it is going to be a drop down menu for all the favorites in that
> group/folder.

Gordon

"k-wow" <k-wow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please remove the "down arrow" graphic that is displayed in the Favorites
> Toolbar for Favorites that are classified a group which is displayed in a
> Folder icon followed by folder name which is followed by the undesired
> "down
> arrow." This "down arrow" graphic is new with the IE8 browser and is
> necessary as it takes up space.

Umm like 0.75mm per arrow? So what would you suggest the extra space is used
for?

k-wow

Re: IE8 Beta2: Unnecessary “down arrow” in Favorite Toolbar
in IE7 that down arrow did not exist. it is not needed. that .75mm per
favorite, can be used to fit more favorites.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "k-wow" <k-wow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please remove the "down arrow" graphic that is displayed in the Favorites
> > Toolbar for Favorites that are classified a group which is displayed in a
> > Folder icon followed by folder name which is followed by the undesired
> > "down
> > arrow." This "down arrow" graphic is new with the IE8 browser and is
> > necessary as it takes up space.

> Umm like 0.75mm per arrow? So what would you suggest the extra space is used
> for?

Gordon

> in IE7 that down arrow did not exist. it is not needed. that .75mm per
> favorite, can be used to fit more favorites.

One more? At MOST? Sheeesh.....

rob^_^

Re: IE8 Beta2: Unnecessary “down arrow” in Favorite Toolbar
Welcome to the Public NG.

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "k-wow" <kwow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> in IE7 that down arrow did not exist. it is not needed. that .75mm per
>> favorite, can be used to fit more favorites.
>>

> One more? At MOST? Sheeesh.....

Gordon

> Welcome to the Public NG.

Thanks - I've been here for several years. I am constantly amazed at the
trivial griping of people...

k-wow

Re: IE8 Beta2: Unnecessary “down arrow” in Favorite Toolbar
If "trivial griping" is the same as reporting a valid difference between the
new IE and the old which negatively impacts the user experience, then yes, I
guess I am griping. I counted 15 folders across my screen in the Favorites
Toolbar. That's 15 characters occupied by "down arrow." I could use that
space to fit **FIVE** more folders at 3 character per label. (not “one, at
most” as predicted by dumb a s s)

"Gordon" wrote:

> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Welcome to the Public NG.
> >

> Thanks - I've been here for several years. I am constantly amazed at the
> trivial griping of people...

Gordon

> If "trivial griping" is the same as reporting a valid difference between
> the
> new IE and the old which negatively impacts the user experience, then yes,
> guess I am griping. I counted 15 folders across my screen in the Favorites
> Toolbar. That's 15 characters occupied by "down arrow." I could use that
> space to fit **FIVE** more folders at 3 character per label. (not “one, at
> most” as predicted by dumb a s s)

So use the drop-down arrow at the end.......I'm sorry mate, this is a
TRIVIAL gripe. Most people's folder names are variable in length - mine for
instance are anything BUT 3 characters long. If you're so convinced that a
little arrow destroys your "browsing experience" so entirely, USE A
DIFFERENT BROWSER that doesn't have one.

Jeeeeze, where do these people come from?