Remove IE 8 beta?

Andrew Stucken

Remove IE 8 beta?
I installed IE 8 two days ago but would now like to remove it. Seems
there are security flaws as I have alreday attracted spyware.

However, I see there is no option to do so in Control Panel/Add/Remove
Programmes.

I looked for a fix online which told me to remove XP Service Pack 3. I
did this but I still couldn't remove IE 8.

Can anyone help please?

thingfishy@gmail.com

Re: Remove IE 8 beta?
Even earlier versions of Internet Explorer will not have had an option
in Add/Remove Programs, it's an application Microsoft likes to
forcibly keep installed on Windows systems.

Probably the quickest way to go back to before it was installed is to
do a System Restore which is found under Start > All Programs >
Accessories > System Tools. Choose that and then choose to restore the
system back to a date before you installed the new version. Note: this
does not affect any files you've created or downloaded since then,
only system settings such as items in the registry or programs you've
installed etc.

Hope it works.

TF.

Andrew Stucken wrote:
> I installed IE 8 two days ago but would now like to remove it. Seems
> there are security flaws as I have alreday attracted spyware.
>
> However, I see there is no option to do so in Control Panel/Add/Remove
> Programmes.
>
> I looked for a fix online which told me to remove XP Service Pack 3. I
> did this but I still couldn't remove IE 8.
>
> Can anyone help please?

thingfishy@gmail.com

Re: Remove IE 8 beta?
If that fails, try this method:

1. In the Control Panel, click the 'Programs and Features' icon.
2. When the window opens, click on 'View installed updates' in the
left-hand pane. The uninstall and update window will now open.
3. Look down the list of updates for the section marked 'Microsoft
Windows'.
4. You should see the IE 8.0 update there. Just click on it to
uninstall IE 8.0.
5. IE 8.0 will uninstall and you will need to reboot your PC when
advised to do so by Windows.
6. After the reboot Internet Explorer 7.0 should be installed.
thingfishy@gmail.com

Re: Remove IE 8 beta?
Forget what I wrote I decided to uninstall it as well and found it
in the Control Panel under 'Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta2', not
under 'I' for 'Internet...'

Have a look there
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Remove IE 8 beta?
"Andrew Stucken" <andy@ukbe.com> wrote in message
>I installed IE 8 two days ago but would now like to remove it. Seems
> there are security flaws as I have alreday attracted spyware.
>
> However, I see there is no option to do so in Control Panel/Add/Remove
> Programmes.
>
> I looked for a fix online which told me to remove XP Service Pack 3. I
> did this but I still couldn't remove IE 8.
>
> Can anyone help please?

Directions in here:
Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Release Notes
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Re: Remove IE 8 beta?
IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you to
IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Andrew Stucken wrote:
> I installed IE 8 two days ago but would now like to remove it. Seems
> there are security flaws as I have alreday attracted spyware.
>
> However, I see there is no option to do so in Control Panel/Add/Remove
> Programmes.
>
> I looked for a fix online which told me to remove XP Service Pack 3. I
> did this but I still couldn't remove IE 8.
>
> Can anyone help please?

Andrew Stucken

Re: Remove IE 8 beta?
Thanks guys. I can see I missed it in Control Panel: it s indeed
called 'Windows Internet Explorer 8'.
Tac

Re: Remove IE 8 beta?
On Sep 6, 6:51*am, thingfi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Forget what I wrote I decided to uninstall it as well and found it
> in the Control Panel under 'Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta2', not
> under 'I' for 'Internet...'
>
> Have a look there

Great!! Many thanks.