Internet Explorer 8 Problems

Chocolitz58

Internet Explorer 8 Problems
A few days ago, I upgraded to IE8 on my account on the computer. I didn't
really test it out yet, but today I was using my sister's account and I
opened IE, but it looked like IE7, except the tab bar and menu bar were gone!
I tried rightclicking the top, but it did not work! I tried clicking around
for options, but it also did not work. I opened Task Manager and Internet
Explorer wasn't in the applications, but in the processes. On the Taskbar,
the IE logo is there, but not the words of the Microsoft title bar. Can
someone please tell me what's going on? Is this just a sideeffect of IE8
Beta, and when Beta's over, is this going to pass?

I use Windows XP Version 2002 Professional Service Pack 3.

PS: I have a screenshot of these pictures here:
http://i35.tinypic.com/2uos0ts.jpg
Chocolitz58

RE: Internet Explorer 8 Problems
Okay. This is starting to get freaky. My last post was about my discoveries
on my sister's account, but I switched to my account (where I downloaded IE8)
and found the same problems!! And on the desktop, there is no 'Internet
Explorer 8'.. there's only 'Internet Explorer 7'! Is this a virus thing??

Man, this has been spoiling my whole day. I'm thinking about going to Google
Chrome..

"Chocolitz58" wrote:

> A few days ago, I upgraded to IE8 on my account on the computer. I didn't
> really test it out yet, but today I was using my sister's account and I
> opened IE, but it looked like IE7, except the tab bar and menu bar were gone!
> I tried rightclicking the top, but it did not work! I tried clicking around
> for options, but it also did not work. I opened Task Manager and Internet
> Explorer wasn't in the applications, but in the processes. On the Taskbar,
> the IE logo is there, but not the words of the Microsoft title bar. Can
> someone please tell me what's going on? Is this just a sideeffect of IE8
> Beta, and when Beta's over, is this going to pass?
>
> I use Windows XP Version 2002 Professional Service Pack 3.
>
> PS: I have a screenshot of these pictures here:
> http://i35.tinypic.com/2uos0ts.jpg

Gordon

"Chocolitz58" <Chocolitz58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay. This is starting to get freaky. My last post was about my
> discoveries
> on my sister's account, but I switched to my account (where I downloaded
> IE8)
> and found the same problems!! And on the desktop, there is no 'Internet
> Explorer 8'.. there's only 'Internet Explorer 7'! Is this a virus thing??
>
> Man, this has been spoiling my whole day. I'm thinking about going to
> Google
> Chrome..

You do know what BETA software is?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

>A few days ago, I upgraded to IE8 on my account on the computer. I didn't
> really test it out yet, but today I was using my sister's account and I
> opened IE, but it looked like IE7, except the tab bar and menu bar were
> gone!
> I tried rightclicking the top, but it did not work! I tried clicking
> around
> for options, but it also did not work. I opened Task Manager and Internet
> Explorer wasn't in the applications, but in the processes. On the Taskbar,
> the IE logo is there, but not the words of the Microsoft title bar. Can
> someone please tell me what's going on? Is this just a sideeffect of IE8
> Beta, and when Beta's over, is this going to pass?
>
> I use Windows XP Version 2002 Professional Service Pack 3.
>
> PS: I have a screenshot of these pictures here:
> http://i35.tinypic.com/2uos0ts.jpg

Sounds like a fad install. Turn your anti-virus off, uninstall it and then
download and install again.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Problems
IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you to
IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Chocolitz58 wrote:
> A few days ago, I upgraded to IE8 on my account on the computer. I didn't
> really test it out yet, but today I was using my sister's account and I
> opened IE, but it looked like IE7, except the tab bar and menu bar were
> gone! I tried rightclicking the top, but it did not work! I tried clicking
> around for options, but it also did not work. I opened Task Manager and
> Internet Explorer wasn't in the applications, but in the processes. On the
> Taskbar, the IE logo is there, but not the words of the Microsoft title
> bar. Can someone please tell me what's going on? Is this just a sideeffect
> of IE8 Beta, and when Beta's over, is this going to pass?
>
> I use Windows XP Version 2002 Professional Service Pack 3.
>
> PS: I have a screenshot of these pictures here:
> http://i35.tinypic.com/2uos0ts.jpg

Chocolitz58

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Problems
Um... no, not really.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Chocolitz58" <Chocolitz58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Okay. This is starting to get freaky. My last post was about my
> > discoveries
> > on my sister's account, but I switched to my account (where I downloaded
> > IE8)
> > and found the same problems!! And on the desktop, there is no 'Internet
> > Explorer 8'.. there's only 'Internet Explorer 7'! Is this a virus thing??
> >
> > Man, this has been spoiling my whole day. I'm thinking about going to
> > Google
> > Chrome..

> You do know what BETA software is?

Chocolitz58

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Problems
Oh.. shoot. Okay, I've posted in the Internet Explorer Beta forum.