IE8 Beta 2 and Windows Live Gallery

skyzyk

IE8 Beta 2 and Windows Live Gallery
I am unable to download from Live Gallery
It states "Internet Explorer 6 or higher needed"

I've just recently installed IE8 Beta 2 and tihs was the first time trying.
Has anyone else had the same problem?

Is there a "work around" or can someone pls hlp?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 Beta 2 and Windows Live Gallery
Use IE 6 or IE 7. IE 8 is not released yet.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

skyzyk wrote:
> I am unable to download from Live Gallery
> It states "Internet Explorer 6 or higher needed"
>
> I've just recently installed IE8 Beta 2 and tihs was the first time trying.
> Has anyone else had the same problem?
>
> Is there a "work around" or can someone pls hlp?

skyzyk

Re: IE8 Beta 2 and Windows Live Gallery
Brilliant but unfortunately not the right answer. And your right Human error
exists

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Use IE 6 or IE 7. IE 8 is not released yet.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> skyzyk wrote:
> > I am unable to download from Live Gallery
> > It states "Internet Explorer 6 or higher needed"
> >
> > I've just recently installed IE8 Beta 2 and tihs was the first time trying.
> > Has anyone else had the same problem?
> >
> > Is there a "work around" or can someone pls hlp?

rob^_^

Re: IE8 Beta 2 and Windows Live Gallery
Hi,

No Problems here.

Before you download though - Some Sidebar gadgets for Vista are known not to
be compatible with IE8.

Try running IE8 in no-Addons mode. Some Addons can change the UserAgent
string which are used to detect your browser version on web sites.

Press F12 to display the Developer Tool which will show you which IE
version/configuration that IE8 is using with the web site.

IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

Regards.

"skyzyk" <skyzyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am unable to download from Live Gallery
> It states "Internet Explorer 6 or higher needed"
>
> I've just recently installed IE8 Beta 2 and tihs was the first time
> trying.
> Has anyone else had the same problem?
>
> Is there a "work around" or can someone pls hlp?

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 Beta 2 and Windows Live Gallery
Hi,
Possible workaround: Try Compatibility View - the icon which looks like a
torn piece of paper to the right of the Address Bar.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...avigation.aspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"skyzyk" <skyzyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am unable to download from Live Gallery
> It states "Internet Explorer 6 or higher needed"
>
> I've just recently installed IE8 Beta 2 and tihs was the first time

trying.
> Has anyone else had the same problem?
>
> Is there a "work around" or can someone pls hlp?

Re: IE8 Beta 2 and Windows Live Gallery
IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you to
IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/