Back to the top code

Norm75

Back to the top code
I have been using the hyperlink #top with IE 7 to bring my webpage back to
the top. I have just downloaded the beta IE8 and this hyperlink does not
work. Should I use a different hyperlink? I don't want to upset those who use
IE7 but it is annoying that IE8 doesn't pick it up.

Is there further code I should use? Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Norm.
+Bob+

Re: Back to the top code
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 17:43:00 -0700, Norm75
<Norm75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have been using the hyperlink #top with IE 7 to bring my webpage back to
>the top. I have just downloaded the beta IE8 and this hyperlink does not
>work. Should I use a different hyperlink? I don't want to upset those who use
>IE7 but it is annoying that IE8 doesn't pick it up.
>
>Is there further code I should use? Help would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks.
>
>Norm.

It's still legit HTML code. If you point me at the page I can check it
from my side. Sometimes you have a fault in your code that IE7, for
example, was willing to tolerate but a newer version is not.

Also, keep in mind that IE8 may have bugs.

Norm75

Re: Back to the top code
Many thanks, Bob for your willingness to look at the site. It is
www.wpguc.com which I am helping out for our church. I have the "back to the
top" on most of the pages.

Thanks again - Norm.

"+Bob+" wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 17:43:00 -0700, Norm75
> <Norm75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have been using the hyperlink #top with IE 7 to bring my webpage back to
> >the top. I have just downloaded the beta IE8 and this hyperlink does not
> >work. Should I use a different hyperlink? I don't want to upset those who use
> >IE7 but it is annoying that IE8 doesn't pick it up.
> >
> >Is there further code I should use? Help would be greatly appreciated.
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Norm.

> It's still legit HTML code. If you point me at the page I can check it
> from my side. Sometimes you have a fault in your code that IE7, for
> example, was willing to tolerate but a newer version is not.
>
> Also, keep in mind that IE8 may have bugs.

rob^_^

Re: Back to the top code
Hi Bob,

excuse me for butting in. This answer was given on the IE8 beta NG.

This was a known bug in Beta2. Specifically, anchor navigation is broken
when the bounding rectangle of the target element has a width or height of
content</a> will succeed.

This bug has been fixed in the IE8 codebase already (post Beta2), so look
for this fix in the next IE8 release.

IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

Regards.

"+Bob+" <uctraing@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 17:43:00 -0700, Norm75
> <Norm75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I have been using the hyperlink #top with IE 7 to bring my webpage back to
>>the top. I have just downloaded the beta IE8 and this hyperlink does not
>>work. Should I use a different hyperlink? I don't want to upset those who
>>use
>>IE7 but it is annoying that IE8 doesn't pick it up.
>>
>>Is there further code I should use? Help would be greatly appreciated.
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Norm.

> It's still legit HTML code. If you point me at the page I can check it
> from my side. Sometimes you have a fault in your code that IE7, for
> example, was willing to tolerate but a newer version is not.
>
> Also, keep in mind that IE8 may have bugs.

Re: Back to the top code
IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you to
IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Norm75 wrote:
> I have been using the hyperlink #top with IE 7 to bring my webpage back to
> the top. I have just downloaded the beta IE8 and this hyperlink does not
> work. Should I use a different hyperlink? I don't want to upset those who
> use IE7 but it is annoying that IE8 doesn't pick it up.
>
> Is there further code I should use? Help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> Norm.

+Bob+

Re: Back to the top code
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 12:18:42 +1000, "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi Bob,
>
>excuse me for butting in. This answer was given on the IE8 beta NG.
>
>This was a known bug in Beta2.

Excellent! Thanks for butting in.
Norm75

Re: Back to the top code
Many thanks fellows for alerting me to this bug. I will leave it at that and
watch for further developments.

Norm.