Can't see streaming Flash video at CNN - IE7

+Bob+

Can't see streaming Flash video at CNN - IE7
I've run into a problem on my IE7, Vista-SP1 system: I can't see any
streaming video at cnn.com. I used to be able to and I am not aware of
any specific update I've done that related to it breaking. Instead of
the video, I get the player and a black slab where the video should
be.

Here's a link I can't see:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tec...spider.art.itn

I don't have any issues at youtube, Foxnews, or other sites I've
tested. I have upgraded to the latest flash player via Adobe. I've
shut off my firewall. I've flushed my cache. FFox on the same system
works fine.

Ideas?

ozzie

Re: Can't see streaming Flash video at CNN - IE7
G'day Bob
open IE.. Tools/Internet options/Advanced..
Scroll down to Security./Then make sure that *Allow active content to run in
files on My Computor*
Is unchecked.
Close IE then re open
Hope this helps
ozzie

"+Bob+" <uctraing@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> I've run into a problem on my IE7, Vista-SP1 system: I can't see any
> streaming video at cnn.com. I used to be able to and I am not aware of
> any specific update I've done that related to it breaking. Instead of
> the video, I get the player and a black slab where the video should
> be.
>
> Here's a link I can't see:
> http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tec...spider.art.itn
>
> I don't have any issues at youtube, Foxnews, or other sites I've
> tested. I have upgraded to the latest flash player via Adobe. I've
> shut off my firewall. I've flushed my cache. FFox on the same system
> works fine.
>
> Ideas?

+Bob+

Re: Can't see streaming Flash video at CNN - IE7
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 13:39:52 +1000, "ozzie" <ozzie@kickacanalong.com>
wrote:

>G'day Bob
>open IE.. Tools/Internet options/Advanced..
>Scroll down to Security./Then make sure that *Allow active content to run in
>files on My Computor*
>Is unchecked.
>Close IE then re open
>Hope this helps
>ozzie

Thanks Ozzie, but it was no help.

I noticed do get an error (click the yellow exclamation point to see
details) on Line 16 "the data is invalid". Do you get that error (but
you can still see the video?)

+Bob+

Re: Can't see streaming Flash video at CNN - IE7
On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 20:33:22 -0400, +Bob+ <uctraing@ultranet.com>
wrote:

>I've run into a problem on my IE7, Vista-SP1 system: I can't see any
>streaming video at cnn.com. I used to be able to and I am not aware of
>any specific update I've done that related to it breaking. Instead of
>the video, I get the player and a black slab where the video should
>be.
>
>Here's a link I can't see:
>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tec...spider.art.itn
>
>I don't have any issues at youtube, Foxnews, or other sites I've
>tested. I have upgraded to the latest flash player via Adobe. I've
>shut off my firewall. I've flushed my cache. FFox on the same system
>works fine.

Still looking for answers. Another oddity found - If I log into
another user account on the same machine it works fine. So, it's not a
strict software problem, but something configurable.

Still hoping for ideas...
Raj

Re: Can't see streaming Flash video at CNN - IE7
Follow the instuctions in the following link. That could be helpful

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...34cb&sliceId=1