add ability to create search aliases

IE

add ability to create search aliases
similarly to a feature in IE7Pro plugin. the ability to alias a letter to two
to a search query with a base url and query string is powerful. For example
if I wanted to reate a live search alias, I'd make it l that points to
something like "http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=%s" where %s is
somethingyou type after l in the address bar. in the address bar from now on,
i would be able to type "l ie8" and it'll run
http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=ie8

in firefox, this is similarly done with the keyword feature in their
bookmarks. and using a variable such as %s as I used above.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

rob^_^

Re: add ability to create search aliases
Hi IE,

This is already present in ALL versions of IE and other MSIE browsers. They
are called SearchURL's or (aka. Address Bar shortcuts)

http://www.iecustomizer.com/?url=IES...s_Download.asp

Off topic - I see that the Google Chrome included them in their(?) browser.

Regards.

"IE" <IE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> similarly to a feature in IE7Pro plugin. the ability to alias a letter to
> two
> to a search query with a base url and query string is powerful. For
> example
> if I wanted to reate a live search alias, I'd make it l that points to
> something like "http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=%s" where %s is
> somethingyou type after l in the address bar. in the address bar from now
> on,
> i would be able to type "l ie8" and it'll run
> http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=ie8
>
> in firefox, this is similarly done with the keyword feature in their
> bookmarks. and using a variable such as %s as I used above.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: add ability to create search aliases
IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you to
IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/