Cannot access Windows Update website

Victek

Cannot access Windows Update website
After installing IE7 I am unable to access the windows update site. The
browser attempts to load the page, but it remains blank - no error messages.
I can browse to other sites normally. I've already reset security settings
and the advanced settings to default, cleared the SSL cache and emptied the
IE cache. Any suggestions appreciated.

Re: Cannot access Windows Update website
Asked/Answered in Windows Update newsgroup.

If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post
one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Victek wrote:
> After installing IE7 I am unable to access the windows update site. The
> browser attempts to load the page, but it remains blank - no error
> messages.
> I can browse to other sites normally. I've already reset security
> settings
> and the advanced settings to default, cleared the SSL cache and emptied
> the
> IE cache. Any suggestions appreciated.

victek

Re: Cannot access Windows Update website
Yes I know, but for some reason I could not cross-post today using Windows
Live Mail - it would not accept multiple groups in the NG list (well, it
accepted them, but wouldn't send the post). Meanwhile, how about some
suggestions for the problem?

> Asked/Answered in Windows Update newsgroup.
>
> If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post
> one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.
>
> Multiposting vs Crossposting:
> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Victek wrote:
>> After installing IE7 I am unable to access the windows update site. The
>> browser attempts to load the page, but it remains blank - no error
>> messages.
>> I can browse to other sites normally. I've already reset security
>> settings
>> and the advanced settings to default, cleared the SSL cache and emptied
>> the
>> IE cache. Any suggestions appreciated.

Re: Cannot access Windows Update website
Stick with your thread in Windows Update newsgroup, please.

victek wrote:
> Yes I know, but for some reason I could not cross-post today using Windows
> Live Mail - it would not accept multiple groups in the NG list (well, it
> accepted them, but wouldn't send the post). Meanwhile, how about some
> suggestions for the problem?

>> Asked/Answered in Windows Update newsgroup.
>>
>> If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please
>> cross-post
>> one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.
>>
>> Multiposting vs Crossposting:
>> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> Victek wrote:
>>> After installing IE7 I am unable to access the windows update site. The
>>> browser attempts to load the page, but it remains blank - no error
>>> messages.
>>> I can browse to other sites normally. I've already reset security
>>> settings
>>> and the advanced settings to default, cleared the SSL cache and emptied
>>> the
>>> IE cache. Any suggestions appreciated.

Victek

Re: Cannot access Windows Update website
Since the problem occurred in Internet Explorer 7 and it's clear that
there's nothing wrong with the windows update site, why is it more
appropriate to limit the conversation to the windows update NG? Without
wishing to be contentious I would like to understand what you see as the
correct protocol.

With regard to the IE7 problem, you may be interested to know that after
uninstalling IE7 I installed IE8 beta 2 and that fixed the scripting
problem. IE8 displays the windows update site properly and in general
works (issues of web site compatibility aside). That's not to imply some
deficiency in IE7, only that whatever was wrong with my XP-SP2 install could
not be fixed by installing IE7. For now I'm happy to use the IE8 beta and
consider the matter resolved. By the way, I haven't forgotten the help you
gave me with this issue last July (in the windows update NG). Thanks!

> Stick with your thread in Windows Update newsgroup, please.
>
> victek wrote:
>> Yes I know, but for some reason I could not cross-post today using
>> Windows
>> Live Mail - it would not accept multiple groups in the NG list (well, it
>> accepted them, but wouldn't send the post). Meanwhile, how about some
>> suggestions for the problem?

>>> Asked/Answered in Windows Update newsgroup.
>>>
>>> If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please
>>> cross-post
>>> one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.
>>>
>>> Multiposting vs Crossposting:
>>> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Cannot access Windows Update website
Because I replied to that thread first. If need be, I will crosspost any
further replies to this newsgroup. Thank you.