Strange action using IE7 and Yahoo mail

DCL

Strange action using IE7 and Yahoo mail
Hi. A friend has a Yahoo website, and uses Yahoo mail. When she tries to
create a new message in Yahoo mail using an address in her Yahoo contacts,
IE7 takes her to her Yahoo site in the current tab. She has to close it
repeatedly until it will finally get to the compose message window at Yahoo
mail. This happens whether she accesses Yahoo mail via her websites control
panel or directly through Yahoo.com.

She has two computers and this only happens on one of them, the other works
fine. I tried duplicating it on my computer, but it works fine also. I went
through the IE7 options, thinking it may be a tab setting or something, but
all settings appear to be the same on all computers.

She is running Vista on both computers, and I am running XP Home SP3 on mine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Strange action using IE7 and Yahoo mail
What Nvidia software is installed (e.g., nView Desktop Manager)?

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...9426e3ea6c5958
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

DCL wrote:
> Hi. A friend has a Yahoo website, and uses Yahoo mail. When she tries to
> create a new message in Yahoo mail using an address in her Yahoo contacts,
> IE7 takes her to her Yahoo site in the current tab. She has to close it
> repeatedly until it will finally get to the compose message window at
> Yahoo
> mail. This happens whether she accesses Yahoo mail via her websites
> control
> panel or directly through Yahoo.com.
>
> She has two computers and this only happens on one of them, the other
> works
> fine. I tried duplicating it on my computer, but it works fine also. I
> went
> through the IE7 options, thinking it may be a tab setting or something,
> but
> all settings appear to be the same on all computers.
>
> She is running Vista on both computers, and I am running XP Home SP3 on
> mine.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.

DCL

Re: Strange action using IE7 and Yahoo mail
Walking her through (on the phone) the Control Panel and Vista's version of
Add Remove Programs, it looks like the only items are an "Nvidia Control
Panel" and Nvidia drivers.