Re: FTP works different

kylesh

Re: FTP works different
Hello,

I am having a similar problem. Except now that I have my FTP saved in
"My network places" I can see all of my files and folders on the FTP but
anytime I try to open any of them it prompts me for continuous logins? I am
unable to open any of my files like I used to before upgrading to IE7 even in
my network places. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you..

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Some users are still having FTP problems with IE7. FTP may still be broken
> when you revert to IE6.
> Try placing the FTP site in My Network Places.
> Open Add Network Place and follow the prompts. You should be able to include
> username and password in the FTP address so that login is automatic.
> Example: ftp://usernameassword@ftp.address.com
>
> You can get to Network Places from IE via File> Open> Browse> My Network
> Places.
>
> If Network Places is not on the desktop, you may have to go to Display
> Properties> Desktop> Customize> General> Desktop Icons> check My Network
> Places.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Rinus Lindoorn" <Rinus Lindoorn[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7F76C216-E3DF-4ECA-8B73-7EE68C3EE11D@microsoft.com...
> > I was always able to drag and drop files to an FTP connection in the

> browser.
> > In version 7 this is no longer possible.
> >
> > The browser reports:
> >
> > To view this FTP site in Windows Explorer, click Page, and then click Open
> > FTP Site in Windows Explorer
> >
> > When i try to do this, the browser reports that it cannot open the site in
> > Windows Explorer. This is a major setback for me (and maybe other users).

> > will have to go back to the previous version of Internet Explorer.

Re: FTP works different
See http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...02/103612.aspx or
begin your own new thread, please.