IE7 Crashes on Exit - Problem/Solution points to HP smart web printing update

Jon

IE7 Crashes on Exit - Problem/Solution points to HP smart web printing update
Most times I exit IE it crashes. This has only just started happening.
Windows suggests the solution is to install an update for HP smart web
printing. AFAIK this is not installed. It does not appear in control panel,
as a running process or as an IE add in! I do have some HP scanner apps
installed and wonder if it is something to do with them. Installing the
update does not fix the problem.

It also seems to happen every time after I have been using Outlook Web
access in IE.

Firefox doesn't do it but I need to use IE for better OWA functionality.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Jon

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 Crashes on Exit - Problem/Solution points to HP smart webprinting update
So what if it crashes - you already exited the program.

Okay, seriously now... ;-)

This is frequently caused by an incompatible browser add-on. The
troubleshooting steps described below will help you to diagnose and fix
the problem:

How to Optimize or Reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/

(Give the Guided Help a try.)

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Jon wrote:
> Most times I exit IE it crashes. This has only just started happening.
> Windows suggests the solution is to install an update for HP smart web
> printing. AFAIK this is not installed. It does not appear in control
> panel, as a running process or as an IE add in! I do have some HP
> scanner apps installed and wonder if it is something to do with them.
> Installing the update does not fix the problem.
>
> It also seems to happen every time after I have been using Outlook Web
> access in IE.
>
> Firefox doesn't do it but I need to use IE for better OWA functionality.
>
> Hope someone can help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon

Re: IE7 Crashes on Exit - Problem/Solution points to HP smart web printing update
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Jon wrote:
> Most times I exit IE it crashes. This has only just started happening.
> Windows suggests the solution is to install an update for HP smart web
> printing. AFAIK this is not installed. It does not appear in control
> panel,
> as a running process or as an IE add in! I do have some HP scanner apps
> installed and wonder if it is something to do with them. Installing the
> update does not fix the problem.
>
> It also seems to happen every time after I have been using Outlook Web
> access in IE.
>
> Firefox doesn't do it but I need to use IE for better OWA functionality.

Jon

Re: IE7 Crashes on Exit - Problem/Solution points to HP smart web printing update
sorry,

Vista 32 bit SP1

Jon

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Jon wrote:
>> Most times I exit IE it crashes. This has only just started happening.
>> Windows suggests the solution is to install an update for HP smart web
>> printing. AFAIK this is not installed. It does not appear in control
>> panel,
>> as a running process or as an IE add in! I do have some HP scanner apps
>> installed and wonder if it is something to do with them. Installing the
>> update does not fix the problem.
>>
>> It also seems to happen every time after I have been using Outlook Web
>> access in IE.
>>
>> Firefox doesn't do it but I need to use IE for better OWA functionality.

Re: IE7 Crashes on Exit - Problem/Solution points to HP smart web printing update
Thank you.

Did this behavior occur before you installed Vista SP1? Did you install
Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update? What anti-virus application or
security suite is installed? What anti-spyware applications (other than
Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
applications running in the background when you installed Vista SP1?
--
~PA Bear

Jon wrote:
> sorry,
>
> Vista 32 bit SP1
>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Jon wrote:
>>> Most times I exit IE it crashes. This has only just started happening.
>>> Windows suggests the solution is to install an update for HP smart web
>>> printing. AFAIK this is not installed. It does not appear in control
>>> panel,
>>> as a running process or as an IE add in! I do have some HP scanner apps
>>> installed and wonder if it is something to do with them. Installing the
>>> update does not fix the problem.
>>>
>>> It also seems to happen every time after I have been using Outlook Web
>>> access in IE.
>>>
>>> Firefox doesn't do it but I need to use IE for better OWA functionality.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Jon" <duffer@duffer.com> wrote in message
> Most times I exit IE it crashes. This has only just started happening.
> Windows suggests the solution is to install an update for HP smart web
> printing. AFAIK this is not installed. It does not appear in control
> panel, as a running process or as an IE add in! I do have some HP scanner
> apps installed and wonder if it is something to do with them. Installing
> the update does not fix the problem.
>
> It also seems to happen every time after I have been using Outlook Web
> access in IE.
>
> Firefox doesn't do it but I need to use IE for better OWA functionality.
>
> Hope someone can help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon

What if you go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools |
Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email