Upgrading IE6

species8350

Upgrading IE6
I have IE6 currently running under Vista.

I was wondering if it's about time to upgrade to the latest version of
IE.

IE6 does meet my needs, but I would be interested in any additional
security features that are incorportaed in the latest version.

Can anyone advise

Thanks
Kayman

Re: Upgrading IE6
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 02:27:53 -0700 (PDT), species8350 wrote:

> I have IE6 currently running under Vista.

Windows Vista comes with a version of IE7 built in.
But I've heard of (unconfirmed) instances that MSFT did provide users with
the possibility of running IE6 in Windows Vista.
Now can you please reconfirm yout browser version.

> I was wondering if it's about time to upgrade to the latest version of
> IE.

You might as well wait for the release of IE8 sometimes before the end of
this year.

Gordon

Re: Upgrading IE6
"species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
>I have IE6 currently running under Vista.

Impossible. Please re-check your version. (Help-About)...

Gordon

Re: Upgrading IE6
"Kayman" <kaymanDeleteThis@operamail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 02:27:53 -0700 (PDT), species8350 wrote:
>
>> I have IE6 currently running under Vista.

> Windows Vista comes with a version of IE7 built in.
> But I've heard of (unconfirmed) instances that MSFT did provide users with
> the possibility of running IE6 in Windows Vista.

Only in a VPC AFAIK......IE6 won't even install on Vista AFAIR...

Leonard Grey

Re: Upgrading IE6
The biggest reason to upgrade your operating system to IE 7 is the
increased security it provides over IE 6.

The early adopters worked out the initial kinks in IE 7 long ago, so
it's definitely time for you to upgrade.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

species8350 wrote:
> I have IE6 currently running under Vista.
>
> I was wondering if it's about time to upgrade to the latest version of
> IE.
>
> IE6 does meet my needs, but I would be interested in any additional
> security features that are incorportaed in the latest version.
>
> Can anyone advise
>
> Thanks

Re: Upgrading IE6
Er..., um..., upgrade IE6 to IE7 in Vista?

Leonard Grey wrote:
> The biggest reason to upgrade your operating system to IE 7 is the
> increased security it provides over IE 6.
>
> The early adopters worked out the initial kinks in IE 7 long ago, so
> it's definitely time for you to upgrade.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> species8350 wrote:
>> I have IE6 currently running under Vista.
>>
>> I was wondering if it's about time to upgrade to the latest version of
>> IE.
>>
>> IE6 does meet my needs, but I would be interested in any additional
>> security features that are incorportaed in the latest version.
>>
>> Can anyone advise
>>
>> Thanks

Re: Upgrading IE6
No, you're not.
--
~PA Bear

species8350 wrote:
> I have IE6 currently running under Vista...

Leonard Grey

Re: Upgrading IE6
I missed the part about "Vista". (Refer to my sig.)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Er..., um..., upgrade IE6 to IE7 in Vista?
>
> Leonard Grey wrote:
>> The biggest reason to upgrade your operating system to IE 7 is the
>> increased security it provides over IE 6.
>>
>> The early adopters worked out the initial kinks in IE 7 long ago, so
>> it's definitely time for you to upgrade.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> species8350 wrote:
>>> I have IE6 currently running under Vista.
>>>
>>> I was wondering if it's about time to upgrade to the latest version of
>>> IE.
>>>
>>> IE6 does meet my needs, but I would be interested in any additional
>>> security features that are incorportaed in the latest version.
>>>
>>> Can anyone advise
>>>
>>> Thanks

Re: Upgrading IE6
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi.

Leonard Grey wrote:
> I missed the part about "Vista". (Refer to my sig.)
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Er..., um..., upgrade IE6 to IE7 in Vista?
>>
>> Leonard Grey wrote:
>>> The biggest reason to upgrade your operating system to IE 7 is the
>>> increased security it provides over IE 6.
>>>
>>> The early adopters worked out the initial kinks in IE 7 long ago, so
>>> it's definitely time for you to upgrade.
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est

Leonard Grey