Trusted zone in IE7?

lb

Trusted zone in IE7?
I am trying to help someone who has IE7. I still have IE6 where I
could add a site to the trusted zone to overcome custom tightened
security settings. Does this option exist in IE7 and where might I
find it?

Thanks
Leonard Grey

Re: Trusted zone in IE7?
Yes, and in the same place as IE 6: Tools > Internet Options > Security tab.

May I say you have a lot of courage to help someone with software you
don't yourself use. You must be a good person to have as a friend.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

lb wrote:
> I am trying to help someone who has IE7. I still have IE6 where I
> could add a site to the trusted zone to overcome custom tightened
> security settings. Does this option exist in IE7 and where might I
> find it?
>
> Thanks

lb

Re: Trusted zone in IE7?
In my version of IE, it is one of the listings right under the tools
menu along with Internet options. It made it easier so I forgot about
the roundabout way. Thanks

Leonard Grey wrote:
> Yes, and in the same place as IE 6: Tools > Internet Options > Security tab.
>
> May I say you have a lot of courage to help someone with software you
> don't yourself use. You must be a good person to have as a friend.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> lb wrote:
> > I am trying to help someone who has IE7. I still have IE6 where I
> > could add a site to the trusted zone to overcome custom tightened
> > security settings. Does this option exist in IE7 and where might I
> > find it?
> >
> > Thanks

lb

Re: Trusted zone in IE7?
We tried the security tab addition and it said that it would only
allow sites with a https/: prefix in the trusted zone. I would like
to get rid of an active X security warning popup on a website I
trust. I worked on anothers PC and instinctively tightened the
security settings using the advanced tab.

Any other way to add this site to the trusted zone?

I suppose I could have them change the security settings back to the
default level. Is this enough for Vista?

lb wrote:
> In my version of IE, it is one of the listings right under the tools
> menu along with Internet options. It made it easier so I forgot about
> the roundabout way. Thanks
>
> Leonard Grey wrote:
> > Yes, and in the same place as IE 6: Tools > Internet Options > Security tab.
> >
> > May I say you have a lot of courage to help someone with software you
> > don't yourself use. You must be a good person to have as a friend.
> > ---
> > Leonard Grey
> > Errare humanum est
> >
> > lb wrote:
> > > I am trying to help someone who has IE7. I still have IE6 where I
> > > could add a site to the trusted zone to overcome custom tightened
> > > security settings. Does this option exist in IE7 and where might I
> > > find it?
> > >
> > > Thanks

ju.c

Re: Trusted zone in IE7?
> "We tried the security tab addition and it said that it would only allow sites with a
> https/: prefix in the trusted zone."

Un-tick the box, "Require server verification (https..."

ju.c