Can't create web slices

GeoTexan

Can't create web slices
I'm goin around, lookin for some web slices. I've only tried facebook and
live weather. but both display the same message:

Unable to create '*web slice name*':
The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

I also occastionally get a little message from my notification bar that i
have a corrupted file and something about chsdks (not sure if that is the
exact letters, but its similar)
I just downloaded IE 8 not five minutes ago and i have corrupted files?
Please help
rob^_^

Re: Can't create web slices
Hi Geo,

Have you re-booted since installing IE8. Depending upon your OS version and
your previous IE version, up to 2 reboots may be required.

Corrupted folder message - indicates that check points have been placed on
folders to enable the installer to roll-back. Rebooting should complete the
installation and clear the check-points.

IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

Regards.

"GeoTexan" <GeoTexan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm goin around, lookin for some web slices. I've only tried facebook and
> live weather. but both display the same message:
>
> Unable to create '*web slice name*':
> The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
>
> I also occastionally get a little message from my notification bar that i
> have a corrupted file and something about chsdks (not sure if that is the
> exact letters, but its similar)
> I just downloaded IE 8 not five minutes ago and i have corrupted files?
> Please help

GeoTexan

Re: Can't create web slices
it still doesnt work. i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. didn't
work. so i rebooted like you said. still didn't work. no idea where to go

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Geo,
>
> Have you re-booted since installing IE8. Depending upon your OS version and
> your previous IE version, up to 2 reboots may be required.
>
> Corrupted folder message - indicates that check points have been placed on
> folders to enable the installer to roll-back. Rebooting should complete the
> installation and clear the check-points.
>
> IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
>
> Via the web-interface:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
>
> Via your newsreader:
>
> Regards.
>
> "GeoTexan" <GeoTexan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm goin around, lookin for some web slices. I've only tried facebook and
> > live weather. but both display the same message:
> >
> > Unable to create '*web slice name*':
> > The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
> >
> > I also occastionally get a little message from my notification bar that i
> > have a corrupted file and something about chsdks (not sure if that is the
> > exact letters, but its similar)
> > I just downloaded IE 8 not five minutes ago and i have corrupted files?
> > Please help

Leonard Grey

Re: Can't create web slices
I suggest waiting until IE 8 is released.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

GeoTexan wrote:
> it still doesnt work. i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. didn't
> work. so i rebooted like you said. still didn't work. no idea where to go
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Geo,
>>
>> Have you re-booted since installing IE8. Depending upon your OS version and
>> your previous IE version, up to 2 reboots may be required.
>>
>> Corrupted folder message - indicates that check points have been placed on
>> folders to enable the installer to roll-back. Rebooting should complete the
>> installation and clear the check-points.
>>
>> IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
>>
>> Via the web-interface:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
>>
>> Via your newsreader:
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "GeoTexan" <GeoTexan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm goin around, lookin for some web slices. I've only tried facebook and
>>> live weather. but both display the same message:
>>>
>>> Unable to create '*web slice name*':
>>> The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
>>>
>>> I also occastionally get a little message from my notification bar that i
>>> have a corrupted file and something about chsdks (not sure if that is the
>>> exact letters, but its similar)
>>> I just downloaded IE 8 not five minutes ago and i have corrupted files?
>>> Please help

GeoTexan

Re: Can't create web slices
well, the problem is worse. apparently my C:/...AppData/Local/Temp is
corrupted. can't open. it says to run the chkdsk utility. i tried the command
prompt. says i need to be running in elevated mode. I'm the admin and only
user on my laptop...

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> I suggest waiting until IE 8 is released.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> GeoTexan wrote:
> > it still doesnt work. i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. didn't
> > work. so i rebooted like you said. still didn't work. no idea where to go
> >
> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Geo,
> >>
> >> Have you re-booted since installing IE8. Depending upon your OS version and
> >> your previous IE version, up to 2 reboots may be required.
> >>
> >> Corrupted folder message - indicates that check points have been placed on
> >> folders to enable the installer to roll-back. Rebooting should complete the
> >> installation and clear the check-points.
> >>
> >> IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
> >>
> >> Via the web-interface:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
> >>
> >> Via your newsreader:
> >>
> >> Regards.

Leonard Grey

Re: Can't create web slices
"...all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword"
-from the book of Matthew
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

GeoTexan wrote:
> well, the problem is worse. apparently my C:/...AppData/Local/Temp is
> corrupted. can't open. it says to run the chkdsk utility. i tried the command
> prompt. says i need to be running in elevated mode. I'm the admin and only
> user on my laptop...
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> I suggest waiting until IE 8 is released.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> GeoTexan wrote:
>>> it still doesnt work. i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. didn't
>>> work. so i rebooted like you said. still didn't work. no idea where to go

GeoTexan

Re: Can't create web slices
why would you waste my time and spam this community like that? that is
completely irrelevant and worthless. all you did was piss me off. go waste
someone else's time with worthless crap

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> "...all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword"
> -from the book of Matthew
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> GeoTexan wrote:
> > well, the problem is worse. apparently my C:/...AppData/Local/Temp is
> > corrupted. can't open. it says to run the chkdsk utility. i tried the command
> > prompt. says i need to be running in elevated mode. I'm the admin and only
> > user on my laptop...
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> I suggest waiting until IE 8 is released.
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare humanum est

GeoTexan

Re: Can't create web slices
ok, so i can't access c:\user\*myname*\appdata\local\temp. i try to get to it
in explorer, and it says its corrupted. I also can no longer start onenote
because of this corrupted directory with nothing in it...
Kinda annoying cuz i'm in college and i relied on onenote to help organize
my notes and help my study time be more effective...