IE7 won't open without PC shutdown

Trudy M

IE7 won't open without PC shutdown
When I first bring up my PC, IE7 works fine (home page is AOL). But after I
closed it and try to bring IE7 up again, I get the timer, white screen and
checking proxy setting on bottom bar. I cannot view any web pages, not even
homepage. It will remain this way for hours. I have to shutdown and bring PC
up again in order to access IE7 again. It started about a week ago. Using
Vista Home Premium. None of the IE7 troubleshooting tips helped. Anyone know
what could be wrong?

Re: IE7 won't open without PC shutdown
Are you running Vista SP1 now?

In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936211

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Trudy M wrote:
> When I first bring up my PC, IE7 works fine (home page is AOL). But after
> closed it and try to bring IE7 up again, I get the timer, white screen and
> checking proxy setting on bottom bar. I cannot view any web pages, not
> even
> homepage. It will remain this way for hours. I have to shutdown and bring
> PC
> up again in order to access IE7 again. It started about a week ago. Using
> Vista Home Premium. None of the IE7 troubleshooting tips helped. Anyone
> know
> what could be wrong?

VanguardLH

Trudy M wrote:

> When I first bring up my PC, IE7 works fine (home page is AOL). But after I
> closed it and try to bring IE7 up again, I get the timer, white screen and
> checking proxy setting on bottom bar. I cannot view any web pages, not even
> homepage. It will remain this way for hours. I have to shutdown and bring PC
> up again in order to access IE7 again. It started about a week ago. Using
> Vista Home Premium. None of the IE7 troubleshooting tips helped. Anyone know
> what could be wrong?

Tried starting IE7 in its no add-ons mode?
Yet checked the Event Viewer to see if there are any app or sys errors
at the time IE7 hung (or 5 minutes after trying to visit a page)?
Tried to boot into Windows safe mode and then test IE7?
Yet uninstall the AOL crap on your host?
Are you using a customized version of IE branded by AOL?

Sorry, but "none of the IE7 troubleshooting tips" doesn't actually say
what YOU tried. So expect duplication of solutions in replies to your
post.