Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE8 - SBS 2003's remote web workplace is impacted

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2008
Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks
 

Posts: n/a
IE8 - SBS 2003's remote web workplace is impacted
Installed IE8 on Vista
Used that machine to launch SBS 2003's remote web workplace access to
another Vista workstation.
Over the RWW session (web based RDP) the session will not support
shift-capitalization.
Tried compatibility mode and no go.

Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 - SBS 2003's remote web workplace is impacted
[Crossposted & Follow-up set to IE Beta newsgroup]

Are you running Vista or Vista SP1 on the machine running IE8 Beta, Bitz?
Is the target machine running Vista or Vista SP1?

Are you running IE8 Beta 1 or IE8 Beta 2? Was the anti-virus app running in
the background when IE8 Beta 1 or 2 was installed?

FYI:

IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta

Via your newsreader:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...texplorer.beta

[Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you to
IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed internally.]
--
~PA Bear


Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks wrote:
> Installed IE8 on Vista
> Used that machine to launch SBS 2003's remote web workplace access to
> another Vista workstation.
> Over the RWW session (web based RDP) the session will not support
> shift-capitalization.
> Tried compatibility mode and no go.
>
> Any other suggestions?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2008
Craig
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 - SBS 2003's remote web workplace is impacted
Same issue with me: in ie8 on Vista SP1 accessing an RWW running SBS 2003 the
shift key dose not work. I have this problem when I am trying to connect to a
remote computer and I have to type in a case sensitive password also with
special characters.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crossposted & Follow-up set to IE Beta newsgroup]
>
> Are you running Vista or Vista SP1 on the machine running IE8 Beta, Bitz?
> Is the target machine running Vista or Vista SP1?
>
> Are you running IE8 Beta 1 or IE8 Beta 2? Was the anti-virus app running in
> the background when IE8 Beta 1 or 2 was installed?
>
> FYI:
>
> IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
>
> Via the web-interface:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
>
> Via your newsreader:
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...texplorer.beta
>
> [Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you to
> IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed internally.]
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
>
> Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks wrote:
> > Installed IE8 on Vista
> > Used that machine to launch SBS 2003's remote web workplace access to
> > another Vista workstation.
> > Over the RWW session (web based RDP) the session will not support
> > shift-capitalization.
> > Tried compatibility mode and no go.
> >
> > Any other suggestions?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 - SBS 2003's remote web workplace is impacted
Please discontinue the crosspost to IE General. Thank you.

Craig wrote:
> Same issue with me: in ie8 on Vista SP1 accessing an RWW running SBS 2003
> the shift key dose not work. I have this problem when I am trying to
> connect to a remote computer and I have to type in a case sensitive
> password also with special characters.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [Crossposted & Follow-up set to IE Beta newsgroup]
>>
>> Are you running Vista or Vista SP1 on the machine running IE8 Beta, Bitz?
>> Is the target machine running Vista or Vista SP1?
>>
>> Are you running IE8 Beta 1 or IE8 Beta 2? Was the anti-virus app running
>> in the background when IE8 Beta 1 or 2 was installed?
>>
>> FYI:
>>
>> IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
>>
>> Via the web-interface:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
>>
>> Via your newsreader:
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...texplorer.beta
>>
>> [Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you
>> to
>> IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed internally.]
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>>
>> Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks wrote:
>>> Installed IE8 on Vista
>>> Used that machine to launch SBS 2003's remote web workplace access to
>>> another Vista workstation.
>>> Over the RWW session (web based RDP) the session will not support
>>> shift-capitalization.
>>> Tried compatibility mode and no go.
>>>
>>> Any other suggestions?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2008
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 - SBS 2003's remote web workplace is impacted
"Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks" <sbradcpa@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:57FDD2CA-1A25-4293-893D-124F8DB2139B@microsoft.com...
> Installed IE8 on Vista
> Used that machine to launch SBS 2003's remote web workplace access to
> another Vista workstation.
> Over the RWW session (web based RDP) the session will not support
> shift-capitalization.
> Tried compatibility mode and no go.
>


> Any other suggestions?



Try using the Num pad with the decimal equivalent values
for a shifted character? <eg>

For example, let's take X. Charmap shows that it is U+0058
That's 0x58 or 88 decimal. So, does pressing Alt-0088
using the Num pad with Num Lock on, generate an X?
(I just did it. <w>)


HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2008
Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 - SBS 2003's remote web workplace is impacted
The beta support instructions for IE 8 direct us to post here.

The issue is not with RWW, the issue is with the beta of IE8.

I'm surprised that they are recommending IE8 beta 2 users to use IEgeneral
for feedback.

Vista SP1
IE8 beta 2

I've already notified the SBS 2003 team about this.

--
http://www.sbslinks.com/really.htm


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please discontinue the crosspost to IE General. Thank you.
>
> Craig wrote:
> > Same issue with me: in ie8 on Vista SP1 accessing an RWW running SBS 2003
> > the shift key dose not work. I have this problem when I am trying to
> > connect to a remote computer and I have to type in a case sensitive
> > password also with special characters.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> [Crossposted & Follow-up set to IE Beta newsgroup]
> >>
> >> Are you running Vista or Vista SP1 on the machine running IE8 Beta, Bitz?
> >> Is the target machine running Vista or Vista SP1?
> >>
> >> Are you running IE8 Beta 1 or IE8 Beta 2? Was the anti-virus app running
> >> in the background when IE8 Beta 1 or 2 was installed?
> >>
> >> FYI:
> >>
> >> IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
> >>
> >> Via the web-interface:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
> >>
> >> Via your newsreader:
> >> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...texplorer.beta
> >>
> >> [Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you
> >> to
> >> IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed internally.]
> >> --
> >> ~PA Bear
> >>
> >>
> >> Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks wrote:
> >>> Installed IE8 on Vista
> >>> Used that machine to launch SBS 2003's remote web workplace access to
> >>> another Vista workstation.
> >>> Over the RWW session (web based RDP) the session will not support
> >>> shift-capitalization.
> >>> Tried compatibility mode and no go.
> >>>
> >>> Any other suggestions?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 - SBS 2003's remote web workplace is impacted
Repost:
>>> [Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you
>>> to IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed internally.]

--
~Robear

Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks wrote:
> The beta support instructions for IE 8 direct us to post here.
>
> The issue is not with RWW, the issue is with the beta of IE8.
>
> I'm surprised that they are recommending IE8 beta 2 users to use IEgeneral
> for feedback.
>
> Vista SP1
> IE8 beta 2
>
> I've already notified the SBS 2003 team about this.
>
>
>> Please discontinue the crosspost to IE General. Thank you.
>>
>> Craig wrote:
>>> Same issue with me: in ie8 on Vista SP1 accessing an RWW running SBS
>>> 2003
>>> the shift key dose not work. I have this problem when I am trying to
>>> connect to a remote computer and I have to type in a case sensitive
>>> password also with special characters.
>>>
>>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>>
>>>> [Crossposted & Follow-up set to IE Beta newsgroup]
>>>>
>>>> Are you running Vista or Vista SP1 on the machine running IE8 Beta,
>>>> Bitz?
>>>> Is the target machine running Vista or Vista SP1?
>>>>
>>>> Are you running IE8 Beta 1 or IE8 Beta 2? Was the anti-virus app
>>>> running
>>>> in the background when IE8 Beta 1 or 2 was installed?
>>>>
>>>> FYI:
>>>>
>>>> IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support:
>>>> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
>>>>
>>>> Via the web-interface:
>>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
>>>>
>>>> Via your newsreader:
>>>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...texplorer.beta
>>>>
>>>> [Yes, I understand that the link you may have used probably brought you
>>>> to
>>>> IE General newsgroup. We're trying to get that fixed internally.]
>>>> --
>>>> ~PA Bear
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks wrote:
>>>>> Installed IE8 on Vista
>>>>> Used that machine to launch SBS 2003's remote web workplace access to
>>>>> another Vista workstation.
>>>>> Over the RWW session (web based RDP) the session will not support
>>>>> shift-capitalization.
>>>>> Tried compatibility mode and no go.
>>>>>
>>>>> Any other suggestions?


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 - SBS 2003's remote web workplace is impacted
[X-post to IE Beta newsgroup]

<QP>
Known issues when you install Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2

Important - If you are running Windows Small Business Server 2003, do not
install Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2.
</QP>
Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787
--
~PA Bear


Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks wrote:
> Installed IE8 on Vista
> Used that machine to launch SBS 2003's remote web workplace access to
> another Vista workstation.
> Over the RWW session (web based RDP) the session will not support
> shift-capitalization.
> Tried compatibility mode and no go.
>
> Any other suggestions?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remote Web Workplace - multiple monitors mes microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 01-11-2008 16:41
Sudoku WorkPlace 2.14 Gamer Games Feed 0 10-09-2007 02:40
Emoticons in the Workplace Steve General Technology News 0 07-30-2007 17:40
Vista and Remote Web Workplace John Turner microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 05-31-2007 16:17




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:14.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120