Web pages won't refresh when connected through a LAN

Address bar does not autofill

Web pages won't refresh when connected through a LAN
I'm using a company network to connect to internet. All the websites I
frequently visit always load a older version of the site (few days older).
When connected from home these pages load the correct pages. It looks like,
the pages are cached in LAN somewhere from which they are being loaded.

I have tried all the options including setting the "Check for Newer version
of Stored pages" option under Temporary internet file settings to "Every time
I visit the page"

Can you please help me resolve this issue. Its irritating to see the older
version of the pages every single time. They won't even load with F5 or
Ctrl+F5!!!

Leonard Grey

Re: Web pages won't refresh when connected through a LAN
Talk to your IT department.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Address bar does not autofill wrote:
> I'm using a company network to connect to internet. All the websites I
> frequently visit always load a older version of the site (few days older).
> When connected from home these pages load the correct pages. It looks like,
> the pages are cached in LAN somewhere from which they are being loaded.
>
> I have tried all the options including setting the "Check for Newer version
> of Stored pages" option under Temporary internet file settings to "Every time
> I visit the page"
>
> Can you please help me resolve this issue. Its irritating to see the older
> version of the pages every single time. They won't even load with F5 or
> Ctrl+F5!!!

josh schoof

RE: Web pages won't refresh when connected through a LAN

I am having this same issue since 9/2/08. It is an IE issue, not an IIS
issue, since accessing the same pages in Firefox gives the current,
non-cached version.

PS: I am the IT department.

Robert Aldwinckle

"Address bar does not autofill" <Addressbardoesnotautofill@discussions.microsoft.c om> wrote in message
> I'm using a company network to connect to internet. All the websites I
> frequently visit always load a older version of the site (few days older).
> When connected from home these pages load the correct pages. It looks like,
> the pages are cached in LAN somewhere from which they are being loaded.
>
> I have tried all the options including setting the "Check for Newer version
> of Stored pages" option under Temporary internet file settings to "Every time
> I visit the page"
>
> Can you please help me resolve this issue. Its irritating to see the older
> version of the pages every single time.

> They won't even load with F5 or Ctrl+F5!!!

Can you use HTTPS as a protocol prefix? They couldn't be cached then.

Another trick that might work is adding a "query" to your request,
as if your server was CGI and you were filling in fields with new data.
But then the server would have to ignore the query, in particular not
generate an HTTP 404 response to it. ; )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

josh schoof

Re: Web pages won't refresh when connected through a LAN

Good thoughts, and I would normally recommend the same thing, it's not
working.

All of the pages that are caching are ASP generated, including some Excel
reports. These dynamic pages are caching in IE, but not in Firefox or
Chrome.

Mysteriously, a simple .asp page that just spits a timestamp is NOT caching
in IE, even on the effected machines. However moving to one of the pages in
our application leads to caching.

This just started this week. The app has been functioning fine for years.
josh schoof

Re: Web pages won't refresh when connected through a LAN

I was able to resolve my caching issues by following the fix detailed in
this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234067

I was already doing almost exactly that so I was surprised that it fixed it,
but it did.
Address bar does not autofill

Re: Web pages won't refresh when connected through a LAN
My problem is lil different. When I use IE/Chrome/Firefox same old pages are
being loaded.

Is there a way to disable or bypassing the network cache?

"josh schoof" wrote:

> I was able to resolve my caching issues by following the fix detailed in
> this article:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234067
>
> I was already doing almost exactly that so I was surprised that it fixed it,
> but it did.

Robert Aldwinckle

"josh schoof" <joshschoof@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsAEE8A65-6240-4C03-8DCA-0A5D2BB661E0@microsoft.com...

> Good thoughts, and I would normally recommend the same thing, it's not
> working.

You should have started you own thread and not tried hijacking this one.
The fact that the OP is reporting that Ctrl-F5 is not defeating whatever
apparent caching effect is being observed proves that the problem is not
on the client side.

---