IE7 LockedUp and lost all my research for the last time.

Rick400tec

IE7 LockedUp and lost all my research for the last time.
Might as well try Googles beta browser then permantly move to FireFox.
IE7 has been locking up on multiple systems lately, the window turns white
and tabs and work are all lost. At this point it's not worth wasting time on
it.
Former loyal Mosaic, Netscapte, IE user.

Re: IE7 LockedUp and lost all my research for the last time.
Bye!

Rick400tec wrote:
> Might as well try Googles beta browser then permantly move to FireFox.
> IE7 has been locking up on multiple systems lately, the window turns white
> and tabs and work are all lost. At this point it's not worth wasting time
> on
> it.
> Former loyal Mosaic, Netscapte, IE user.

RJK

Re: IE7 LockedUp and lost all my research for the last time.
I've never had IE7 "locking up on multiple systems," you must be doing a
shedload of things wrong somewhere !

Installing Netscape, and other browsers is simply asking for trouble, and by
the look of it you got it !
"...lost all my research," indicates a sloppy approach to a sensible backup
regime, so you only have yourself to blame.

On hardware that has been lovingly, tidily, and correctly assembled and
configured, and proven to be robust, reliable and trustworthy, (there's
rather a lot more to it than just slapping it all together and hoping !),
IE7 is simply GoooooOOORGEOUS :-)

regards, Richard

"Rick400tec" <Rick400tec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Might as well try Googles beta browser then permantly move to FireFox.
> IE7 has been locking up on multiple systems lately, the window turns white
> and tabs and work are all lost. At this point it's not worth wasting time
> on
> it.
> Former loyal Mosaic, Netscapte, IE user.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 LockedUp and lost all my research for the last time.
Boy, you don't have a lot of luck with browsers, do you? First Mosaic,
then Netscape, now Internet Explorer...nothing seems to work for you.

You don't suppose...could the problem somehow lie with you?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Rick400tec wrote:
> Might as well try Googles beta browser then permantly move to FireFox.
> IE7 has been locking up on multiple systems lately, the window turns white
> and tabs and work are all lost. At this point it's not worth wasting time on
> it.
> Former loyal Mosaic, Netscapte, IE user.

VanguardLH

Rick400tec wrote:

> Might as well try Googles beta browser then permantly move to FireFox.
> IE7 has been locking up on multiple systems lately, the window turns white
> and tabs and work are all lost. At this point it's not worth wasting time on
> it.
> Former loyal Mosaic, Netscapte, IE user.

And what does your post have to do with a web browser? And why have you
deemed your data as worthless or reproducible because you don't save
backups of this unidentified "research"? Oh, I see, IE crashes after
you've been visiting all those self-entertainment sites.

The real trouble source: PEBCAK.
lnfinity

RE: IE7 LockedUp and lost all my research for the last time.
I'm not going to bash you, as that's counter productive. If you're having
this problem on multile systems, then perhaps you've picked up some sort of
viris, and should run your system through your anit-virus checks...and then
install another one for another check. I've found that no one anti-virus
program is capable of getting every single virus/spyware/malware file out
there, and that having a secondary means of scanning periodically helps.

They do make a valid point however that it IS a good idea to save and back
up your research data often. Save every 30-60 minutes, backup daily!