unable to print web pages

jes

unable to print web pages
I installed ie 7 and now i can not print documents from the web. I have a hp
6310. I can still print word documents from the same computer. How do I get
my internet printing back? The printer is on a home network.

thanks

Re: unable to print web pages
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
this newsgroup, please.

jes wrote:
> I installed ie 7 and now i can not print documents from the web. I have a
> hp 6310. I can still print word documents from the same computer. How do
> I get my internet printing back? The printer is on a home network.
>
> thanks

Camomilla

Re: unable to print web pages
Hi to everybody...
i have the same problem but in the inversed order! i had IE7 preinstalled (i
have: Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, 3 GB RAM), and, when i installed
the driver for my new HP Photosmart C4270, my IE, when i try to print,
"says": "Unable to find "file:///C:/TEMP/Low/XXXXXXX.htm"
the "X"s mean that everytime i have a different file name! and the ie
doesn't even show me the interface with all the printers when i close the
window.
please help! is it an uncompatibility problem?
thanks!!!!!

Re: unable to print web pages
To avoid confusion, always begin a new thread about your problems, please.

The problem is usually due to your anti-virus application and/or settings,
not IE7, not Vista.

Issue
========
When printing in IE7 on Vista SP1 with UAC enabled, the following error
message is received:

"Cannot find 'file:///c:/TEMP-S~1/Low/SXFJLS4I.htm'. Make sure the path
or Internet address is correct."

Cause
========
When UAC is enabled, IE7 is running under Protected Mode and can only write
to low integrity objects. The Temp\Low folder has incorrect integrity level
setting.

Resolution
========
Run the following command to set low integrity level on the Low folder:

icacls C:\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low

[Source: Microsoft Online Partner Support]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Camomilla wrote:
> Hi to everybody...
> i have the same problem but in the inversed order! i had IE7 preinstalled
> (i
> have: Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, 3 GB RAM), and, when i installed
> the driver for my new HP Photosmart C4270, my IE, when i try to print,
> "says": "Unable to find "file:///C:/TEMP/Low/XXXXXXX.htm"
> the "X"s mean that everytime i have a different file name! and the ie
> doesn't even show me the interface with all the printers when i close the
> window.
> please help! is it an uncompatibility problem?
> thanks!!!!!

Mratko

Re: unable to print web pages
Sir,

I am running Vista Ultimate 64. I have tried to run icacls (from cmd
prompt) and I get an "access denied" msg. I have also tried to run from the
run line and a ctrl+shift+enter. There the window flashes very quickly but
the error msg still appears after I turn protected mode on. I have turned
off protected mode and do not have IE open when I run icacls. Your input on
this will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> To avoid confusion, always begin a new thread about your problems, please.
>
> The problem is usually due to your anti-virus application and/or settings,
> not IE7, not Vista.
>
> Issue
> ========
> When printing in IE7 on Vista SP1 with UAC enabled, the following error
> message is received:
>
> "Cannot find 'file:///c:/TEMP-S~1/Low/SXFJLS4I.htm'. Make sure the path
> or Internet address is correct."
>
> Cause
> ========
> When UAC is enabled, IE7 is running under Protected Mode and can only write
> to low integrity objects. The Temp\Low folder has incorrect integrity level
> setting.
>
> Resolution
> ========
> Run the following command to set low integrity level on the Low folder:
>
> icacls C:\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
>
> [Source: Microsoft Online Partner Support]
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Camomilla wrote:
> > Hi to everybody...
> > i have the same problem but in the inversed order! i had IE7 preinstalled
> > (i
> > have: Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, 3 GB RAM), and, when i installed
> > the driver for my new HP Photosmart C4270, my IE, when i try to print,
> > "says": "Unable to find "file:///C:/TEMP/Low/XXXXXXX.htm"
> > the "X"s mean that everytime i have a different file name! and the ie
> > doesn't even show me the interface with all the printers when i close the
> > window.
> > please help! is it an uncompatibility problem?
> > thanks!!!!!

Re: unable to print web pages
Too many "Me, too!" posts in this thread. Please begin a new thread about
your issues, Mike.
--
~PA Bear