install message for IE 7

Gene

install message for IE 7
Have Win XP, SP 3 and installing IE7 and received the following message:
Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the
Cryptographic service is running on this computer.
?????????????????????????????
THANKS!
Gene

Re: install message for IE 7
cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c2f83f7e363f64

Have you rebooted since installing IE7?

Required reading IMHO before installing IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP!
(ignore any references to Vista)

And I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the

Alternately, use this Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
installing IE7 and install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Updates category offers Root Certificates update, I recommend installing it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.

IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

What's New in Internet Explorer 7

Release Notes
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/Aa740486.aspx

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Gene wrote:
> Have Win XP, SP 3 and installing IE7 and received the following message:
> Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the
> Cryptographic service is running on this computer.
> ?????????????????????????????
> THANKS!
> Gene

Leonard Grey

Re: install message for IE 7
"You cannot install some updates or programs"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798/
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Gene wrote:
> Have Win XP, SP 3 and installing IE7 and received the following message:
> Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the
> Cryptographic service is running on this computer.
> THANKS!
> Gene

Gene

Re: install message for IE 7
WOW! THANK PA Bear! I will read all of it and give it a try!
Gene