Iexplorer.exe application error

phawman

Iexplorer.exe application error
When I open Internet Explorer 7, I get an Iexplorer.exe application error.
The instruction at 0xc5fa1819 referenced memory at 0xc5fa1819. The memory
could not be read.

To attempt to fix the problem, I have ran ad-aware as well as McAfee.
I have tried running IE with no add-ons and get the same problem.
I have attempted to run Microsoft update and get the same error.
I have run a registry cleaner, still no luck
when I use about:blank as my home page, IE does not crash, but when I try to
go to another website it does
..
Any other suggestions? Everything else seems to work fine, I just have no
browsing capabilities.

Thanks
Paul Hawman

Leonard Grey

Re: Iexplorer.exe application error
Who needs web browsing, anyway?

Alright...seriously: This is frequently caused by an incompatible
browser add-on. The troubleshooting steps described below will help you
to diagnose and fix the problem:

How to Optimize or Reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/

(Give the Guided Help a try.)

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

Stay away from registry cleaners. They are a problem waiting to happen.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

phawman wrote:
> When I open Internet Explorer 7, I get an Iexplorer.exe application error.
> The instruction at 0xc5fa1819 referenced memory at 0xc5fa1819. The memory
> could not be read.
>
> To attempt to fix the problem, I have ran ad-aware as well as McAfee.
> I have tried running IE with no add-ons and get the same problem.
> I have attempted to run Microsoft update and get the same error.
> I have run a registry cleaner, still no luck
> when I use about:blank as my home page, IE does not crash, but when I try to
> go to another website it does
> .
> Any other suggestions? Everything else seems to work fine, I just have no
> browsing capabilities.
>
> Thanks
> Paul Hawman

Re: Iexplorer.exe application error
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware