IE8 and RealPlayer

Perubotla

IE8 and RealPlayer
In the new IE8 beta, Real player doesn't work; for example, if there is a
link to a movie in the format of *.rm in a web page and I am viewing this web
page in IE8 beta, then that *.rm file will not open in Real Player, neither
it opens in windows Media Player. In IE7 and older versions, by clicking the
media link automatically opens the corresponding application (either Real
Player, Windows Media player, Quick Time etc.) and consumers can enjoy the
media; this kind of integration is missing in IE8 Beta.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 and RealPlayer
Maybe it will work better when IE 8 is released.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Perubotla wrote:
> In the new IE8 beta, Real player doesn't work; for example, if there is a
> link to a movie in the format of *.rm in a web page and I am viewing this web
> page in IE8 beta, then that *.rm file will not open in Real Player, neither
> it opens in windows Media Player. In IE7 and older versions, by clicking the
> media link automatically opens the corresponding application (either Real
> Player, Windows Media player, Quick Time etc.) and consumers can enjoy the
> media; this kind of integration is missing in IE8 Beta.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: IE8 and RealPlayer
How does it work in Google Chrome (also in beta)? [Speaking of which:
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/30983]

IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the link you used probably brought you to IE General
newsgroup. We're tyring to get that fixed.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/