IE8 beta, dont download unless everything on your drive is backed

mkrad

IE8 beta, dont download unless everything on your drive is backed
I attempted to install the IE8 update on my vista premium laptop which
resultd in my computer booting up and shutting down about every 8-10 minutes
which went on all nigth long. I finally intervened the next morning, and did
a system restore. Now when my computer boots up it asks for a password that
I never created so that I am locked out of my computer.

Unfortunatly, I have an important document that I must recover so I cannot
attempt to wipe out the drive and start from scratch. So I am having to pay
hundreds of dollars to recover my data.

My Advice, dont download. IE8 beta.

i would appreciate any helpful input anyone has.
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 beta, dont download unless everything on your drive is backed
No one should download beta software on their main computer.

You do know what 'beta' software is, right?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

mkrad wrote:
> I attempted to install the IE8 update on my vista premium laptop which
> resultd in my computer booting up and shutting down about every 8-10 minutes
> which went on all nigth long. I finally intervened the next morning, and did
> a system restore. Now when my computer boots up it asks for a password that
> I never created so that I am locked out of my computer.
>
> Unfortunatly, I have an important document that I must recover so I cannot
> attempt to wipe out the drive and start from scratch. So I am having to pay
> hundreds of dollars to recover my data.
>
> My Advice, dont download. IE8 beta.
>
> i would appreciate any helpful input anyone has.

Gordon

"mkrad" <mkrad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I attempted to install the IE8 update on my vista premium laptop which
> resultd in my computer booting up and shutting down about every 8-10
> minutes
> which went on all nigth long. I finally intervened the next morning, and
> did
> a system restore. Now when my computer boots up it asks for a password
> that
> I never created so that I am locked out of my computer.
>
> Unfortunatly, I have an important document that I must recover so I cannot
> attempt to wipe out the drive and start from scratch. So I am having to
> pay
> hundreds of dollars to recover my data.
>
> My Advice, dont download. IE8 beta.
>
> i would appreciate any helpful input anyone has.

<sigh> You DO know what BETA means?