IE 8 Beta 2 Installation Problem

Yulash

IE 8 Beta 2 Installation Problem
Hi,

Automatic Updates offered me the option to install IE 8 Beta 2, as I'm
currently using IE 7 (+ WinXP 32 bits).

I chose custom install, then there were no "download" button, only
"install". Chose install, and it asked me to restart my PC. Restarted it, and
the IE 8 installation screen appeared before my Windows fully started, with
no options to close or cancel it.

Problem is, it required something to be downloaded, but I have to dial so I
can access my 3G broadband internet, so there I was, no Windows started to
connect to the internet and no way to cancel the installation... I had to
reset the computer.

So basically, my suggestion is: you should either make the IE 8 installer
download everything before it starts installing, or run it after Windows
starts, so people can connect to the internet to download whatever is needed.

Best Regards

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: IE 8 Beta 2 Installation Problem
IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the link you used probably brought you to IE General
newsgroup. That needs to be fixed.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/