IE Locks and Crashes then restarts

Ron Boetger

IE Locks and Crashes then restarts
I am running Vista Business. My IE 7 keeps crashing and then
restarts. I get a page from Microsoft
that says HP Smart Web caused the problem and go to HP and install the
update.

I don't have HP Smart Web installed.

Any ideas how to fix IE 7?

Re: IE Locks and Crashes then restarts
Do you have an HP application installed? Was one ever installed?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Ron Boetger wrote:
> I am running Vista Business. My IE 7 keeps crashing and then
> restarts. I get a page from Microsoft
> that says HP Smart Web caused the problem and go to HP and install the
> update.
>
> I don't have HP Smart Web installed.
>
> Any ideas how to fix IE 7?

Ron Boetger

Re: IE Locks and Crashes then restarts
NO I do not have that application. I have no idea why Vista or IE
think that is installed. I checked the Add Remove Programs and it is
not there. The only HP printer I have is an HP4050. I use the Vista
drive that came with the OS.

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:56:41 -0400, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
<PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:

>Do you have an HP application installed? Was one ever installed?

Re: IE Locks and Crashes then restarts
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.

I didn't ask if you had or have had HP Smart Web installed, I asked if you
had or have had an HP application installed (e.g., printer/scanner
software). Since you do and since you're receiving that error message, I
suggest that you contact HP Support about this, Ron.
--
~PA Bear

Ron Boetger wrote:
> NO I do not have that application. I have no idea why Vista or IE
> think that is installed. I checked the Add Remove Programs and it is
> not there. The only HP printer I have is an HP4050. I use the Vista
> drive that came with the OS.
>
>> Do you have an HP application installed? Was one ever installed?

<paste>
> Ron Boetger wrote:
>> I am running Vista Business. My IE 7 keeps crashing and then
>> restarts. I get a page from Microsoft
>> that says HP Smart Web caused the problem and go to HP and install the
>> update.
>>
>> I don't have HP Smart Web installed.
>>
>> Any ideas how to fix IE 7?

Ron Boetger

Re: IE Locks and Crashes then restarts
I am using an off line reader called Forte Agent. I don't know why it
is not sending all of the posts.

The only HP driver I have is for the HP 4050 LaserJet Printer. It is
the driver that is included with VISTA not an HP Driver. It is the
same driver I have been using since I installed VISTA. This is a new
problem that just started after SP1

Thanks

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:25:22 -0400, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
<PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:

>To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
>message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.
>
>I didn't ask if you had or have had HP Smart Web installed, I asked if you
>had or have had an HP application installed (e.g., printer/scanner
>software). Since you do and since you're receiving that error message, I
>suggest that you contact HP Support about this, Ron.

Re: IE Locks and Crashes then restarts
[Forte Agent is deleting anything below my signature delimiter. Don't worry
about it.]

cf. your identical thread in Vista General newsgroup:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fcd19627d3c2a7

If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post
one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:

HP Smart Web is an application, not a driver; cf.
http://h20247.www2.hp.com/hho/cache/...0-225-121.html. It may have
been included when you installed your HP 4050 software, Ron. Again, check
with HP Support.

Otherwise...

A device driver is not installed, or a hardware device does not function
correctly after you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948187

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows Vista |
select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
--