IE7 Crashing after installation - Not able to browse

John

IE7 Crashing after installation - Not able to browse
I was using IE6 and had issues while opening the browser. While browsing its
throwing "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in iexplore.exe".

I installed IE7 and after rebooting the machine, while IE7 is opened its
pointing to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=74005 and now my VS.NET
2005 JIT debugger window is opened asking for debugging

When i clicked NO, its closing the browser.

So , to summarise, iam not able to use IE7. I tried opening other websites
and its not working either.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 Crashing after installation - Not able to browse
An error message in IE 6 is not remedied by upgrading to IE 7.

Uninstall IE 7 (which returns you to IE 6) by following these directions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
....and...
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html.

Then post again and describe your problem in detail, including the
complete wording of any error message you are seeing.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

John wrote:
> I was using IE6 and had issues while opening the browser. While browsing its
> throwing "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in iexplore.exe".
>
> I installed IE7 and after rebooting the machine, while IE7 is opened its
> pointing to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=74005 and now my VS.NET
> 2005 JIT debugger window is opened asking for debugging
>
> When i clicked NO, its closing the browser.
>
> So , to summarise, iam not able to use IE7. I tried opening other websites
> and its not working either.

John

Re: IE7 Crashing after installation - Not able to browse
I am still getting the same error even after uninstalling IE7. Now Im back to
IE6 and after entering the webaddress and pressing "Enter", its showing a
dialog box having title Visual Studio Just In Time Debugger, with error
message.

An unhandled win32 exception occured in iexplore.exe [492].

The number (492) keeps changing everytime. Becuase of this I am not able to
use IE at all. I installed Firefox and becuase of that iam able to post this
message.

Thanks
John

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> An error message in IE 6 is not remedied by upgrading to IE 7.
>
> Uninstall IE 7 (which returns you to IE 6) by following these directions:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
> ....and...
> http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html.
>
> Then post again and describe your problem in detail, including the
> complete wording of any error message you are seeing.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> John wrote:
> > I was using IE6 and had issues while opening the browser. While browsing its
> > throwing "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in iexplore.exe".
> >
> > I installed IE7 and after rebooting the machine, while IE7 is opened its
> > pointing to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=74005 and now my VS.NET
> > 2005 JIT debugger window is opened asking for debugging
> >
> > When i clicked NO, its closing the browser.
> >
> > So , to summarise, iam not able to use IE7. I tried opening other websites
> > and its not working either.

John

Re: IE7 Crashing after installation - Not able to browse
Even after uninstalling IE7 and nowusing IE6, iam still getting the same
error. not able to open any website, so not able to use IE at all. I used
firefox to submit this message.