Frustrated in NS

Zareba

Frustrated in NS
I can understand the frustration of some who post here. As of today, I am
unable to use IE7 AGAIN. Last time a Windows update or a IE update broke it
and I had to do a system restore in order to use it. I know that no one at
Microsoft really cares whether I use IE7 or Firefox, but I would appreciate
being able to use the programs supplied by Microsoft.

I have already struggled through a few months of Windows Live Mail without
being able to fix a couple of nagging problems. After I switched, they
decided not to pull the plug on OE for those of us who have used it to
gather all of our mail in one place. I also know that Microsoft does not
care whether I use WLM or some other program.

You know it would be nice if they cared even a little bit.

If someone knows what happened to IE7 today, I would appreciate the
information. If not, I have at least told someone about it.

....Z (learning how to keep from having a melt down)

Leonard Grey

Re: Frustrated in NS
What is your specific question about IE 7 ("what happened to IE7 today"
is not specific) and which version of Windows are you using?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Zareba wrote:
> I can understand the frustration of some who post here. As of today, I am
> unable to use IE7 AGAIN. Last time a Windows update or a IE update broke it
> and I had to do a system restore in order to use it. I know that no one at
> Microsoft really cares whether I use IE7 or Firefox, but I would appreciate
> being able to use the programs supplied by Microsoft.
>
> I have already struggled through a few months of Windows Live Mail without
> being able to fix a couple of nagging problems. After I switched, they
> decided not to pull the plug on OE for those of us who have used it to
> gather all of our mail in one place. I also know that Microsoft does not
> care whether I use WLM or some other program.
>
> You know it would be nice if they cared even a little bit.
>
> If someone knows what happened to IE7 today, I would appreciate the
> information. If not, I have at least told someone about it.
>
> ...Z (learning how to keep from having a melt down)

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

Re: Frustrated in NS
For the meltdown...take a Valium(?).

If we knew what the problem is maybe someone here could help?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Zareba" <zareba@thetimewarp.com> wrote in message
> I can understand the frustration of some who post here. As of today, I am
> unable to use IE7 AGAIN. Last time a Windows update or a IE update broke
> it
> and I had to do a system restore in order to use it. I know that no one at
> Microsoft really cares whether I use IE7 or Firefox, but I would
> appreciate
> being able to use the programs supplied by Microsoft.
>
> I have already struggled through a few months of Windows Live Mail without
> being able to fix a couple of nagging problems. After I switched, they
> decided not to pull the plug on OE for those of us who have used it to
> gather all of our mail in one place. I also know that Microsoft does not
> care whether I use WLM or some other program.
>
> You know it would be nice if they cared even a little bit.
>
> If someone knows what happened to IE7 today, I would appreciate the
> information. If not, I have at least told someone about it.
>
> ...Z (learning how to keep from having a melt down)

Zareba

Re: Frustrated in NS
Sorry I forgot to specify.

As soon as it loads, it tells me that it has encountered a problem and needs
to close, then proceeds to do so. Whether I am on line or not has no bearing
on the result.

I am using Windows XP Home SP2

....Z

Zareba

Re: Frustrated in NS
Thanks for the valium.

If I knew what the problem is, I could probably fix it.

Someone suggested restoring the settings to default, which I did on the Security, Privacy and Advanced tabs. Now it works again. There are some sites that I can not visit now, but I can restore my settings, one item at a time to see if it happens again.

Thanks again

....Z