IE7 continues to suck

MarkL

IE7 continues to suck
It took me almost an hour to getr to the point that I could leave this
feedback. IE7 will not work with a dialup connection. If i try to open
several tabs IE7 hangs for a long time or locks up. I am just about ready to
get a Mac and I will definatlly use Chrome when it is available.
Gordon

Re: IE7 continues to suck
"MarkL" <MarkL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It took me almost an hour to getr to the point that I could leave this
> feedback. IE7 will not work with a dialup connection.

<sigh> then don't use it!!!!!!!!!!

MarkL

Re: IE7 continues to suck
What alternative is there? How does a person get help with these issues? As I
stated i have spent over an hour looking for help. I have had to jump over
many barricades just to get this response from you, it should not be so hard
for the casual usser. Again where to find help from MS?

> What alternative is there? How does a person get help with these issues?

Firefox
http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

Opera
http://www.opera.com/

To name two. I suspect however, that whatever browser you use, the REAL
problem is that you are on slow dial-up.

MarkL

Re: IE7 continues to suck

In my opinion the problem is that the industry has no interest in
maintaining usability issues for established customers, the only way to keep
making the big bucks is to make todays standards obsolete, so that users will
have to upgrade. Is there a newsgroup that may be able to help me configure
IE to work bettor with dial up? Thanks, MP

> In my opinion the problem is that the industry has no interest in
> maintaining usability issues for established customers, the only way to
> keep
> making the big bucks is to make todays standards obsolete, so that users
> will
> have to upgrade. Is there a newsgroup that may be able to help me
> configure
> IE to work bettor with dial up? Thanks, MP

Not really - modern browsers don't really care what method you use to
connect to the internet....

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 continues to suck
The people with the most knowledge of your situation are at your ISP.

We are not part of "the industry". This is a newsgroup of ordinary
people just like you who try to help each other out. Sometimes, nobody
reading the newsgroup has an answer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

MarkL wrote:
> In my opinion the problem is that the industry has no interest in
> maintaining usability issues for established customers, the only way to keep
> making the big bucks is to make todays standards obsolete, so that users will
> have to upgrade. Is there a newsgroup that may be able to help me configure
> IE to work bettor with dial up? Thanks, MP
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> "MarkL" <MarkL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> What alternative is there? How does a person get help with these issues?

>> Firefox
>> http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/
>>
>> Opera
>> http://www.opera.com/
>>
>> To name two. I suspect however, that whatever browser you use, the REAL
>> problem is that you are on slow dial-up.

MarkL

Re: IE7 continues to suck
Thanks for your reply Leonard. I am trying to find help with configuring IE7
to work with a slow dial up connection. I still can not find someone who will
point me in the right direction. I am using a 'cheap isp' and I do not expect
them to provide support for IE. I thought that I could find some HELP using
the MS system. A MVP on the MS acess newsgroup said that I did not ask a
question, so I guess that I need to do that.

How do I configure Internet Explorer 7 to work best with a dial up
connection.

> Thanks for your reply Leonard. I am trying to find help with configuring
> IE7
> to work with a slow dial up connection. I still can not find someone who
> will
> point me in the right direction. I am using a 'cheap isp' and I do not
> expect
> them to provide support for IE. I thought that I could find some HELP
> using
> the MS system. A MVP on the MS acess newsgroup said that I did not ask a
> question, so I guess that I need to do that.
>
> How do I configure Internet Explorer 7 to work best with a dial up
> connection.

You don't. Browsers, like email clients, have no way of "understanding" what
internet connection you have...

MarkL

Re: IE7 continues to suck
Thanks, Gordon, You gotta be kidding me. I realise that the 'program' does
not know where the 1's and 0's are coming from. But you whant me to believe
that no one has ever considered how to configure IE7 to work better when the
1's and 0's are a little slow coming and going. There must be some
information on which of the hundreds of options and settings that are
amailable in IE7 that will work better with dialup. I have been using the
internet since MS windows 3.1, when most people said" inter what". I once
thoutht that 14.4 Kbpl was fast. But those older browsers were faster that
IE7 is.