Internet Explorer Options Menus and Icons Missing

Comteacher

Internet Explorer Options Menus and Icons Missing
Hi I downloaded IE8 beta today but when I installed it it did something to
Mcaffee and I could no longer use it. I retored computer to before I
installed IE 8 but now IE 7 does not show tool bars of any kind: menu, icons
etc. and I can not open internet options (even from control panel) to try to
return IE 7 to default mode. I tried downloading and reloading IE 7 but the
problem persists. How do I get my toolbars to view when I don't have the menu
bar to go to the view menu?
williamtell

RE: Internet Explorer Options Menus and Icons Missing
Right click where the toolbars should be!
--
WT

"Comteacher" wrote:

> Hi I downloaded IE8 beta today but when I installed it it did something to
> Mcaffee and I could no longer use it. I retored computer to before I
> installed IE 8 but now IE 7 does not show tool bars of any kind: menu, icons
> etc. and I can not open internet options (even from control panel) to try to
> return IE 7 to default mode. I tried downloading and reloading IE 7 but the
> problem persists. How do I get my toolbars to view when I don't have the menu
> bar to go to the view menu?

Comteacher

RE: Internet Explorer Options Menus and Icons Missing
It doesn't respond to right clicks either

"williamtell" wrote:

> Right click where the toolbars should be!
> --
> WT

Comteacher

RE: Internet Explorer Options Menus and Icons Missing

Okay after nearly two days of having to use Firefox as my default browser I
finally solved my problem by completely uninstalling IE7 and IE8 beta (which
I found was still in my add/remove programs column). I then fully
re-installed IE 7 and it was finally able to return all menus, icons, and
internet control options for my use.
williamtell

RE: Internet Explorer Options Menus and Icons Missing
I am glad that you figured it out, shutdown and reboot at least two times.
--
WT