No "Find on Page" in IE 8

wlie

No "Find on Page" in IE 8
Just installed IE 8 beta 2 and now I have problem with "Find on this Page".
When trying to open this function with Ctrl-F nothing happens. That is to
say I get no field to put my question in. Same result using Edit>Find on this
Page"
Any suggestion?
Gordon

Re: No "Find on Page" in IE 8
"wlie" <wlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news18E4255-CB24-4E42-ACE4-757E1DFCD667@microsoft.com...
> Just installed IE 8 beta 2 and now I have problem with "Find on this
> Page".
> When trying to open this function with Ctrl-F nothing happens. That is to
> say I get no field to put my question in. Same result using Edit>Find on
> this
> Page"
> Any suggestion?

For better assistance please try the microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
newsgroup:

Via Web:

In your newsreader:

MarkL

Re: No "Find on Page" in IE 8
As usual no help offeered, just passed on to another group.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "wlie" <wlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news18E4255-CB24-4E42-ACE4-757E1DFCD667@microsoft.com...
> > Just installed IE 8 beta 2 and now I have problem with "Find on this
> > Page".
> > When trying to open this function with Ctrl-F nothing happens. That is to
> > say I get no field to put my question in. Same result using Edit>Find on
> > this
> > Page"
> > Any suggestion?

> For better assistance please try the microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
> newsgroup:
>
> Via Web:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
>
> In your newsreader:

Gordon

Re: No "Find on Page" in IE 8
"MarkL" <MarkL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As usual no help offeered, just passed on to another group.

So? The group for Internet Explorer 8 BETA (you do know what BETA software
is?) is the BETA group. Just like Outlook EXPRESS questions are better
answered in the Outlook EXPRESS group rather than OUTLOOK.

lduych

Re: No "Find on Page" in IE 8
I have the same problem as 'wlie'. The response "For better assistance
please try the microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta newsgroup..." implies,
directly, that we are already getting some kind of assistance. This is not
the case. Oh, yes, and as an aside:

The "microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta newsgroup" also offers no
assistance on this matter.

(Just out of curiosity, are you a marketer?)

"Gordon" wrote:

> "wlie" <wlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news18E4255-CB24-4E42-ACE4-757E1DFCD667@microsoft.com...
> > Just installed IE 8 beta 2 and now I have problem with "Find on this
> > Page".
> > When trying to open this function with Ctrl-F nothing happens. That is to
> > say I get no field to put my question in. Same result using Edit>Find on
> > this
> > Page"
> > Any suggestion?

> For better assistance please try the microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
> newsgroup:
>
> Via Web:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
>
> In your newsreader:

eagle

Re: No "Find on Page" in IE 8
I also am having the same problem. A gray box comes up at the bottom
of the page with no place to put your search word.