internet explorer save as problem

cHiMin^Fantaz|er

internet explorer save as problem
i cannot download file from the web
when the download is completed, the download dialog just go away
and there is no file downloaded in my computer
i did not check the 'Close dialog when completed'

this only happens when i'm using ie8 beta 2
if i uninstall ie8 and use ie7
the problem does not happen

i'm using vista ultimate x64
Leonard Grey

Re: internet explorer save as problem
Do you understand what 'beta' means?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

cHiMin^Fantaz|er wrote:
> i cannot download file from the web
> when the download is completed, the download dialog just go away
> and there is no file downloaded in my computer
> i did not check the 'Close dialog when completed'
>
> this only happens when i'm using ie8 beta 2
> if i uninstall ie8 and use ie7
> the problem does not happen
>
> i'm using vista ultimate x64

Don Varnau

Re: internet explorer save as problem
Hi,
Are you running a third-party firewall, security suite or other program
which is not compatible with IE8?

Does the problem persist if add-ons are disabled?
Start IE7 without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)

If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
See: http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
for troubleshooting information.
More at:
and
Windows Vista Help Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...7e1033.mspx#ER
- - -
Check for a program which is not a browser add-on.
936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"cHiMin^Fantaz|er" <cHiMin^Fantaz|er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C425A55D-2864-4C17-BE65-1FEBD9746D7C@microsoft.com...
> i cannot download file from the web
> when the download is completed, the download dialog just go away
> and there is no file downloaded in my computer
> i did not check the 'Close dialog when completed'
>
> this only happens when i'm using ie8 beta 2
> if i uninstall ie8 and use ie7
> the problem does not happen
>
> i'm using vista ultimate x64

Clay

Re: internet explorer save as problem
Where on the website can you report issues?
There is a saving issue with IE8. When right clicking on images > save
picture as, the browser that pops up does not remember last save location.

P.s. BETA Means things will be wrong with this version because it is still
in test.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Do you understand what 'beta' means?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> cHiMin^Fantaz|er wrote:
> > i cannot download file from the web
> > when the download is completed, the download dialog just go away
> > and there is no file downloaded in my computer
> > i did not check the 'Close dialog when completed'
> >
> > this only happens when i'm using ie8 beta 2
> > if i uninstall ie8 and use ie7
> > the problem does not happen
> >
> > i'm using vista ultimate x64

Re: internet explorer save as problem
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please. (I'm betting Vista SP1 where others have
reported the same behavior).

IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the link you used probably brought you to IE General
newsgroup. That needs to be fixed.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/