Explorer 8 Closes when I click on Favorites...

tkakyle927

Explorer 8 Closes when I click on Favorites...
I recently downloaded Explorer 8 and like it, but when I click on the
Favorites tab the menu drops down and then the entire internet explorer
window closes. Does anyone know what the problem might be? If not, how do I
Leonard Grey

Re: Explorer 8 Closes when I click on Favorites...
Do you understand what beta software is?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

tkakyle927 wrote:
> I recently downloaded Explorer 8 and like it, but when I click on the
> Favorites tab the menu drops down and then the entire internet explorer
> window closes. Does anyone know what the problem might be? If not, how do I

tkakyle927

Re: Explorer 8 Closes when I click on Favorites...
Honestly, no. I had to restore my computer completely, so it went back to
IE6 and when I went to upgrade IE I saw IE8 and thought it was the newest
version. How can I just go back to IE7 if IE8 is too advanced for a novice
like me?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Do you understand what beta software is?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> tkakyle927 wrote:
> > I recently downloaded Explorer 8 and like it, but when I click on the
> > Favorites tab the menu drops down and then the entire internet explorer
> > window closes. Does anyone know what the problem might be? If not, how do I

Gordon

"tkakyle927" <tkakyle927@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Honestly, no. I had to restore my computer completely, so it went back to
> IE6 and when I went to upgrade IE I saw IE8 and thought it was the newest
> version. How can I just go back to IE7 if IE8 is too advanced for a
> novice
> like me?

It's not too advanced - Beta software means that it's been released for
TESTING only, and should not be used on your only machine or in a "live"
environment unless you are prepared for the possible consequences...

Re: Explorer 8 Closes when I click on Favorites...
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the link you used probably brought you to IE General
newsgroup. That needs to be fixed.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

tkakyle927 wrote:
> I recently downloaded Explorer 8 and like it, but when I click on the
> Favorites tab the menu drops down and then the entire internet explorer
> window closes. Does anyone know what the problem might be? If not, how
> do
> I go back to IE 7? Thanks.

Leonard Grey

Re: Explorer 8 Closes when I click on Favorites...
'Beta' means unfinished software which is released to web designers and
developers for testing.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est