IE 7/8 Javascript problem

karaixx

IE 7/8 Javascript problem
Hi!

I'm using IE 8 beta 2 with Windows XP SP3.
Since I installed IE 7 that I cannot see some websites correctly, the ones
that use javascript. I have checked several times the security definitions
and the use of scripts is enabled. Any site that uses javascript, the browser
just ignores it and doesn't run the scripts.
I don't have any antivirus installed and I just use the Windows firewall.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: IE 7/8 Javascript problem
Uninstall IE8 Beta 2 then post a reply to this thread.

IE8 Beta newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

karaixx wrote:
> I'm using IE 8 beta 2 with Windows XP SP3.
> Since I installed IE 7 that I cannot see some websites correctly, the ones
> that use javascript. I have checked several times the security definitions
> and the use of scripts is enabled. Any site that uses javascript, the
> browser just ignores it and doesn't run the scripts.
> I don't have any antivirus installed and I just use the Windows firewall.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

karaixx

Re: IE 7/8 Javascript problem
I uninstall IE 8, and now I have the same problem but in IE 7..

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Uninstall IE8 Beta 2 then post a reply to this thread.
>
> IE8 Beta newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> karaixx wrote:
> > I'm using IE 8 beta 2 with Windows XP SP3.
> > Since I installed IE 7 that I cannot see some websites correctly, the ones
> > that use javascript. I have checked several times the security definitions
> > and the use of scripts is enabled. Any site that uses javascript, the
> > browser just ignores it and doesn't run the scripts.
> > I don't have any antivirus installed and I just use the Windows firewall.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated.

Re: IE 7/8 Javascript problem
>>> I don't have any antivirus installed

Why?

karaixx wrote:
> I uninstall IE 8, and now I have the same problem but in IE 7..
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Uninstall IE8 Beta 2 then post a reply to this thread.
>>
>> IE8 Beta newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> karaixx wrote:
>>> I'm using IE 8 beta 2 with Windows XP SP3.
>>> Since I installed IE 7 that I cannot see some websites correctly, the
>>> ones
>>> that use javascript. I have checked several times the security
>>> definitions
>>> and the use of scripts is enabled. Any site that uses javascript, the
>>> browser just ignores it and doesn't run the scripts.
>>> I don't have any antivirus installed and I just use the Windows
>>> firewall.
>>>
>>> Any help is appreciated.

karaixx

Re: IE 7/8 Javascript problem
Because I didn't buy one yet. I'm setting up my machine. Now I'm concerned
about JS.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Why?
>

> karaixx wrote:
> > I uninstall IE 8, and now I have the same problem but in IE 7..
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Uninstall IE8 Beta 2 then post a reply to this thread.
> >>
> >> IE8 Beta newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Donald Anadell

Re: IE 7/8 Javascript problem

"karaixx" <karaixx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Because I didn't buy one yet. I'm setting up my machine. Now I'm concerned
> about JS.

You might try re-registering the "jscript.dll" file on your machine.

Click Start||Run, and then type the following into the Run box:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

>> Why?
>>

>> karaixx wrote:
>> > I uninstall IE 8, and now I have the same problem but in IE 7..

karaixx

Re: IE 7/8 Javascript problem
It worked

Thanks a lot.