Internet Explorer does not display properly

Rahul Sheth

Internet Explorer does not display properly
I have Internet Explorer 7 installed on my computer. When I try to open
www.orkut.com and login into it the home page does not display properly. All
the links, pictures and everything else is displayed in one single column
without any graphics or color. It happens the same with www.youtube.com.

Re: Internet Explorer does not display properly
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Rahul Sheth wrote:
> I have Internet Explorer 7 installed on my computer. When I try to open
> www.orkut.com and login into it the home page does not display properly.
> All
> the links, pictures and everything else is displayed in one single column
> without any graphics or color. It happens the same with www.youtube.com.

Jay Cee

Re: Internet Explorer does not display properly
Windows Vista Ultimate. IE7. I cannot help you except to say that a few
months ago IE started displaying most web sites (especially the "fancy"
ones) in a definitely "unfinished" fashion. I mean, the pages would open, I
could read them but they looked terrible. I took my still warranty-covered
PC to my IT dealer but there IE worked perfectly. Thus I have to assume that
this was a very bad temporary (lasted two weeks) ISP Internet connection.
And my ISP is of the type "Our lines are good, your PC is bad!" so I never
got the final word on this one-time problem.

"Rahul Sheth" <Rahul Sheth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Internet Explorer 7 installed on my computer. When I try to open
> www.orkut.com and login into it the home page does not display properly.
> All
> the links, pictures and everything else is displayed in one single column
> without any graphics or color. It happens the same with www.youtube.com.

Vidyarthi

Re: Internet Explorer does not display YOUTUBE
I have Intel Core Duo with XP SP3 with all latest patches and I had similar
problems with IE7 that I could not open youtube. It
worked fine with IE6 and I knew the site was not banned in my
country. I tried everything from installing java, reinstalling
flashplayer, updating to latest version etc. etc. without any
success. Then I tried pinging the website and managed to get a
reply. I just added the resolved IP address to my Hosts file and
it now works fine. It is really surprising that my ISPs WINS/DNS
servers could not resolve the address.

Hosts file is located in your home drive (like c where WINDOWS
is loaded in \windows\system32\drivers\etc folder and you can
open the hosts file in any text editor software (like Notepad)
and add a line as below after the standard last line

127.0.0.1 localhost

208.65.153.253 www.youtube.com

save the file and restart your computer.

This is only a temporary solution because if the site changes
it's IP address, you will have the same problem again and you
will need to manually reslove the address and change the address
in the hosts file manually. But it works!

All the best

Vidyarthi