No Autocomplete in IE 7

Randy K.

No Autocomplete in IE 7
Even though everthing is checked under "content/Autocomplete" in Internet
Options mine does not work. It asks me everytime I put in a User name and
password. When I go back to the same site I have to put it in again and it
will ask me again. Over and Over.
I found a Fix from Microsoft shown below:

The AutoComplete feature does not work in Windows Internet Explorer 7
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 942090
Last Review : October 5, 2007
Revision : 1.1
Important This article contains information about how to modify the
registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make
sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more
information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the
following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/) How to back up and restore
the registry in Windows
Back to the top

SYMPTOMS
You enable the settings in the AutoComplete Settings dialog box on a
Microsoft Windows XP-based computer. However, the AutoComplete feature does
not work in Windows Internet Explorer 7. For example, when you try to enter
text in a form that was previously used in another form, the AutoComplete
feature does not enter the text.
Back to the top

CAUSE
This problem occurs when the value of the FormSuggest registry entry that is
located under the following registry subkey is set to 0:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Control Panel
Back to the top

RESOLUTION
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly
by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might
require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee
that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To resolve this problem, change the value of the FormSuggest registry entry
to 1. To change the value, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run,
type regedit, and then click OK.
2. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Control Panel
3. In the details pane, double-click FormSuggest.
4. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Control Panel

NOW the problem for me and maybe some others out there is when I get to
\Microsoft\ and click to open it there is no \Internet Explorer\ entry. That
part of the Key is not there at all to change the Value to 1. Any and all
suggestions would be Helpful, Thanks for your time
Don Varnau

Re: No Autocomplete in IE 7
Hi,
Windows XP?

That registry key is probably not the problem. If it's not present,
restrictions have not been set through that key.

Are cookies being accepted from sites which require a login?

Worth a try... Disable AutoComplete for usernames/passwords. Close & re-open
IE. Clear passwords. Close & re-open IE. Enable AutoComplete for passwords.

If running Windows XP, see:
Protected Storage - Save Password issues:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ProtectedStorage.htm

Don
[MS MVP- IE]