Internet Explorer not playing sound

Cam

Internet Explorer not playing sound
Hi everyone,

I've embeded an MP3 sound in a web page. The page works great when I
test it with Firefox, it opens Quick Time player and plays the sound
( I don't have to press play, but I can stop the playing if I want by
pressing pause) until I go to another page which is what I want. But
when I open the site with Internet Explorer, the Windows Media Player
opens on the page but when I press play, the sound just will not play!
I've tried different things but I just can't seem to find the problem
as to why it will not play in IE.

Could someone please help me!

Thanks, Cam
rob^_^

Re: Internet Explorer not playing sound
Hi Cam,

Post back with the address of your web page.

Regards.

"Cam" <cam1947@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've embeded an MP3 sound in a web page. The page works great when I
> test it with Firefox, it opens Quick Time player and plays the sound
> ( I don't have to press play, but I can stop the playing if I want by
> pressing pause) until I go to another page which is what I want. But
> when I open the site with Internet Explorer, the Windows Media Player
> opens on the page but when I press play, the sound just will not play!
> I've tried different things but I just can't seem to find the problem
> as to why it will not play in IE.
>
> Could someone please help me!
>
> Thanks, Cam

Cam

On Aug 31, 9:18*pm, "rob^_^" <iecustomi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Cam,
>
> Post back with the address of your web page.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Cam" <cam1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi everyone,

> > I've embeded an MP3 sound in a web page. The page works great when I
> > test it with Firefox, it opens Quick Time player and plays the sound
> > ( I don't have to press play, but I can stop the playing if I want by
> > pressing pause) until I go to another page which is what I want. But
> > when I open the site with Internet Explorer, the Windows Media Player
> > opens on the page but when I press play, the sound just will not play!
> > I've tried different things but I just can't seem to find the problem
> > as to why it will not play in IE.

> > Could someone please help me!

> > Thanks, Cam

Thanks for your answer but there is no use in linking to the site
cause the part with sound is not online yet. What I wrote earlier
happens when I run it offline on my PC. There is sound in Firefox and
no sound in IE.What I could do if you want is zip the folder
containing the Web site on my PC and sent it to you, but the thing is
3.69 MB and also I don't know if we can include files that size in a
newsgroup message?

Thanks again, Cam
rob^_^

Re: Internet Explorer not playing sound
Code snippet. Adding sound to web pages for all browsers.

<embed src="nerds.wav" autostart="true" loop="false" hidden="true">
</embed>
<noembed>
<bgsound src="nerds.wav" loop="1">
</noembed>