IE7 Giving Me Problems

BellaRich

IE7 Giving Me Problems
Hello All I'm new here. Duh this is my first post. But I'm not new to
online forums. I won't give my name until I get comfy here, but I wanted to
say "Hi All" and introduce myself before I jumped right into my prob.

It's Hard to explain, but when I close the internet it closes ALL of my
windows, gives me an error message (Looking for Problem) or something close
to that. Then it restarts itself. Anyone with the same problem??? And if
so How do I fix it. I've done Virus Scan, Spyware Scan galore to see if it
was somewhere in there but no luck. Hopefully you all can help me.
--
The Magic Of Life Is Everywhere For Those Who Look ~Walt Disney

Re: IE7 Giving Me Problems
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) as well
as your IE version (which you've done) when posting to this newsgroup,
please.

Is this a sudden, new problem?

Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the machine fully patched at Windows
Update?

(if any)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

BellaRich wrote:
> Hello All I'm new here. Duh this is my first post. But I'm not new to
> online forums. I won't give my name until I get comfy here, but I wanted
> say "Hi All" and introduce myself before I jumped right into my prob.
>
> It's Hard to explain, but when I close the internet it closes ALL of my
> windows, gives me an error message (Looking for Problem) or something
> close
> to that. Then it restarts itself. Anyone with the same problem??? And
> if
> so How do I fix it. I've done Virus Scan, Spyware Scan galore to see if
> it
> was somewhere in there but no luck. Hopefully you all can help me.

Kayman

Re: IE7 Giving Me Problems
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 16:15:00 -0700, BellaRich wrote:

> ...gives me an error message (Looking for Problem) or something close
> to that.

You need to post the error message word-for-word!
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: IE7 Giving Me Problems
"BellaRich" <BellaRich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello All I'm new here. Duh this is my first post. But I'm not new to
> online forums. I won't give my name until I get comfy here, but I wanted
> say "Hi All" and introduce myself before I jumped right into my prob.
>
> It's Hard to explain, but when I close the internet it closes ALL of my
> windows, gives me an error message (Looking for Problem) or something
> close
> to that. Then it restarts itself. Anyone with the same problem??? And
> if
> so How do I fix it. I've done Virus Scan, Spyware Scan galore to see if
> it
> was somewhere in there but no luck. Hopefully you all can help me.
> --
> The Magic Of Life Is Everywhere For Those Who Look ~Walt Disney

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. You might have incompatible add-ons:
Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

2. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Read this
article first:
How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete data (such
as passwords.) Do you have those backed up?

3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

You might also try the steps here:
"Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts"

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email