Default welcome page with IE7

Chris027

Since a couple of weeks, I can't manage to set my own welcome page. When
logging onto IE, it always set it up back to "www.google.fr" after a quick
load through URL "http://httpgugle.com/search//

Can someone assist with comment as to prevent this ? What sttings should I
need to do ?
Thanks
--
Chris
Øyvind Granberg

Re: Default welcome page with IE7
Seems to me your computer is holding a spyware.

Download, install and run Spybot....

Zadig Galbaras
(nick)
www.tresfjording.com

"Chris027" <Chris027@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
C8A153FF-BE9E-4C23-9BB3-2335CD9C5325@microsoft.com ...
> Since a couple of weeks, I can't manage to set my own welcome page. When
> logging onto IE, it always set it up back to "www.google.fr" after a quick
> load through URL "http://httpgugle.com/search//
>
> Can someone assist with comment as to prevent this ? What sttings should I
> need to do ?
> Thanks
> --
> Chris

Chris027

Re: Default welcome page with IE7
Unfortunately, IE does not allow the opening of this page. Nothing appens and
it come back to its default page www.google.fr
--
Chris

"Øyvind Granberg" wrote:

> Seems to me your computer is holding a spyware.
>
> Download, install and run Spybot....
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
>

> --
>

> Zadig Galbaras
> (nick)
> www.tresfjording.com
>
> "Chris027" <Chris027@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
> C8A153FF-BE9E-4C23-9BB3-2335CD9C5325@microsoft.com ...
> > Since a couple of weeks, I can't manage to set my own welcome page. When
> > logging onto IE, it always set it up back to "www.google.fr" after a quick
> > load through URL "http://httpgugle.com/search//
> >
> > Can someone assist with comment as to prevent this ? What sttings should I
> > need to do ?
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Chris

williamtell

Re: Default welcome page with IE7
Try cleaning house if you have not to this point, Tools>Internet
Options>Browsing History/Delete>Delete All, check also delete files and
settings stored by ad-ons, click yes, update and run your AV, if you have an
AS do the same, one last thing if you still have the issue, Internet
Options>Advanced>Restore Advanced Settings>Reset.
Good LUCK
--
WT

"Chris027" wrote:

> Unfortunately, IE does not allow the opening of this page. Nothing appens and
> it come back to its default page www.google.fr
> --
> Chris
>

> "Øyvind Granberg" wrote:
>
> > Seems to me your computer is holding a spyware.
> >
> > Download, install and run Spybot....
> > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
> >

> > --
> >

> > Zadig Galbaras
> > (nick)
> > www.tresfjording.com
> >
> > "Chris027" <Chris027@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
> > C8A153FF-BE9E-4C23-9BB3-2335CD9C5325@microsoft.com ...
> > > Since a couple of weeks, I can't manage to set my own welcome page. When
> > > logging onto IE, it always set it up back to "www.google.fr" after a quick
> > > load through URL "http://httpgugle.com/search//
> > >
> > > Can someone assist with comment as to prevent this ? What sttings should I
> > > need to do ?
> > > Thanks
> > > --
> > > Chris

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Default welcome page with IE7
Then you definitely have malware.

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.