If Java were removed - will IE still browse?

Alpha

If Java were removed - will IE still browse?
Will IE 7 (and/or IE 8 Beta 2) still be able to browse if Java (V6 U5) were
to be removed from a WinXP-Pro SP2 machine?
Regards and TIA.
Alpha
--------

Re: If Java were removed - will IE still browse?
Yes, IE will still work if all Sun Java runtimes have been uninstalled.
(v1.6.0_07 is the most recent version BTW.)

> Yes, IE will still work if all Sun Java runtimes have been uninstalled.
> (v1.6.0_07 is the most recent version BTW.)
>
> Alpha wrote:
>> Will IE 7 (and/or IE 8 Beta 2) still be able to browse if Java (V6 U5)
>> were
>> to be removed from a WinXP-Pro SP2 machine?
>> Regards and TIA.
>> Alpha
>> --------

Thanks for the quick informative response.
Alpha
------

Re: If Java were removed - will IE still browse?
YW. (You might not like how your favorite webpages and videos work, but you
didn't ask about that.)

Alpha wrote:
>> Yes, IE will still work if all Sun Java runtimes have been uninstalled.
>> (v1.6.0_07 is the most recent version BTW.)
>>
>> Alpha wrote:
>>> Will IE 7 (and/or IE 8 Beta 2) still be able to browse if Java (V6 U5)
>>> were
>>> to be removed from a WinXP-Pro SP2 machine?
>>> Regards and TIA.
>>> Alpha
>>> --------

> Thanks for the quick informative response.
> Alpha
> ------

Jay Cee

Re: If Java were removed - will IE still browse?
Right. Without Java I'm unable to interact with my my bank account online,
for example.

> YW. (You might not like how your favorite webpages and videos work, but
> you didn't ask about that.)
>
> Alpha wrote:
>>> Yes, IE will still work if all Sun Java runtimes have been uninstalled.
>>> (v1.6.0_07 is the most recent version BTW.)

>> Thanks for the quick informative response.
>> Alpha
>> ------

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: If Java were removed - will IE still browse?
I'd find a different bank.

"Jay Cee" <jay---ceex@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Right. Without Java I'm unable to interact with my my bank account online,
> for example.

>> YW. (You might not like how your favorite webpages and videos work, but
>> you didn't ask about that.)

Alpha

Re: If Java were removed - will IE still browse?
Follow up at bottom:
"Alpha" <alpha@donot.reply> wrote in message
> Will IE 7 (and/or IE 8 Beta 2) still be able to browse if Java (V6 U5)
> were
> to be removed from a WinXP-Pro SP2 machine?
> Regards and TIA.
> Alpha
> --------

Okay - I uninstalled Java on this machine.
There is no difference at all that I can see in the browsing behavior and
display of either IE6.1 or FF3.01.
I do not do any online accounts stuff - banks or such.
eBay works perfectly without Java.
So does CNN, BBC, VoA, MSNBC, NYTimes, LATimes, WashingtonPost, WSJ,
YahooMail, HotMail, GMail.......
That's all I wanted. But both browsers have speeded up enormously in opening
pages!
Regards and thanks for the informative responses.
Alpha
------

Alpha wrote:
> Follow up at bottom:
> "Alpha" <alpha@donot.reply> wrote in message
>> Will IE 7 (and/or IE 8 Beta 2) still be able to browse if Java (V6 U5)
>> were
>> to be removed from a WinXP-Pro SP2 machine?
>> Regards and TIA.
>> Alpha
>> --------

> Okay - I uninstalled Java on this machine.
> There is no difference at all that I can see in the browsing behavior and
> display of either IE6.1 or FF3.01.
> I do not do any online accounts stuff - banks or such.
> eBay works perfectly without Java.
> So does CNN, BBC, VoA, MSNBC, NYTimes, LATimes, WashingtonPost, WSJ,
> YahooMail, HotMail, GMail.......
> That's all I wanted. But both browsers have speeded up enormously in
> opening
> pages!

Had you installed the latest Sun Java runtimes version (i.e., v1.6.0_07) and
then uninstalled all earlier versions, IE probably would've been as snappy.

PS: They don't load in FF.

Alpha

Re: If Java were removed - will IE still browse?
Response at bottom:
> Alpha wrote:
>> Follow up at bottom:
>> "Alpha" <alpha@donot.reply> wrote in message
>>> Will IE 7 (and/or IE 8 Beta 2) still be able to browse if Java (V6 U5)
>>> were
>>> to be removed from a WinXP-Pro SP2 machine?
>>> Regards and TIA.
>>> Alpha
>>> --------

>> Okay - I uninstalled Java on this machine.
>> There is no difference at all that I can see in the browsing behavior and
>> display of either IE6.1 or FF3.01.
>> I do not do any online accounts stuff - banks or such.
>> eBay works perfectly without Java.
>> So does CNN, BBC, VoA, MSNBC, NYTimes, LATimes, WashingtonPost, WSJ,
>> YahooMail, HotMail, GMail.......
>> That's all I wanted. But both browsers have speeded up enormously in
>> opening
>> pages!

> Had you installed the latest Sun Java runtimes version (i.e., v1.6.0_07)
> and then uninstalled all earlier versions, IE probably would've been as
> snappy.
>
> PS: They don't load in FF.

Thanks for the message. If you are referring to my sampler list of
websites - they load perfectly on FF 3.01 here after Java was uninstalled
with no display or style changes at all.
Also loads perfectly on FF 1.5 Portable (off a USB stick).
I ran JavaRa to make sure that no remnants were left behind after the
uninstall. :-)