IE7: Menu Bar Not on Top?

MarkC

IE7: Menu Bar Not on Top?
Hi,

In general, 99% of the applications that run under Windows have the menu bar
on top. But for some reason IE7 has the address bar on top, the menu bar is
below it. Is there a way that I can switch the two bars around so that the
menu bar is the one on top, and the address bar below it?

Thank You,

Mark - XP Pro SP3

Bruce Hagen

Re: Menu Bar Not on Top?
How to move the Standard toolbar to a location that is above the Address bar
in Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930645

You can force IE7's menu bar to the top and hide IE7's search box at:
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp

IE7 Tweaks:
http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/200...-settings.html
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"MarkC" <None@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In general, 99% of the applications that run under Windows have the menu
> bar on top. But for some reason IE7 has the address bar on top, the menu
> bar is below it. Is there a way that I can switch the two bars around so
> that the menu bar is the one on top, and the address bar below it?
>
> Thank You,
>
> Mark - XP Pro SP3

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Menu Bar Not on Top?
"MarkC" <None@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In general, 99% of the applications that run under Windows have the menu
> bar on top. But for some reason IE7 has the address bar on top, the menu
> bar is below it. Is there a way that I can switch the two bars around so
> that the menu bar is the one on top, and the address bar below it?
>
> Thank You,
>
> Mark - XP Pro SP3

Press the Alt key.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

MarkC

Re: Menu Bar Not on Top?
Thanks a bunch Bruce! I followed the instructions from the first link and
got what I was looking for.
Mark

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> How to move the Standard toolbar to a location that is above the Address
> bar in Internet Explorer 7:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930645
>
> You can force IE7's menu bar to the top and hide IE7's search box at:
> http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp
>
> IE7 Tweaks:
> http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/200...-settings.html
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "MarkC" <None@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> In general, 99% of the applications that run under Windows have the menu
>> bar on top. But for some reason IE7 has the address bar on top, the menu
>> bar is below it. Is there a way that I can switch the two bars around so
>> that the menu bar is the one on top, and the address bar below it?
>>
>> Thank You,
>>
>> Mark - XP Pro SP3

MarkC

Re: Menu Bar Not on Top?
Thanks for the reply, but was looking for a way to switch the mentioned
toolbars around. Bruce's email with links provided the info that I was
looking for.

Mark

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "MarkC" <None@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> In general, 99% of the applications that run under Windows have the menu
>> bar on top. But for some reason IE7 has the address bar on top, the menu
>> bar is below it. Is there a way that I can switch the two bars around so
>> that the menu bar is the one on top, and the address bar below it?
>>
>> Thank You,
>>
>> Mark - XP Pro SP3
>>

> Press the Alt key.
>
> --